How to set up an Asrock htpc remote on Linux
Hi guys

First of all, sorry if this is not the correct place to ask. So please feel free to move it to the correct categorie. 

On the Kodi Wiki there is an article about how to set up an Asrock htpc remote on linux. This seems fairly, and I made a similar guide for myself in the past that worked 100% ok. However, we've moved now to Fedora with a recent kernel, 4.13 and the guide is no longer valid.

For instance, 'dpkg-reconfigure lirc' and the file '/etc/lirc/hardware.conf' are no longer available. I've tried plenty of other tutorials but without luck. For the love of god, all buttons work except the Ok button in the middle and the media button, the colored one, also opens Rhytmbox, even from within Kodi.

Is there anyone able to update the document to end-up with a working example? Any help would be really much appreciated.
Thread moved to Linux section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-04-06, 21:30)GBB1 Wrote: Is there anyone able to update the document to end-up with a working example?

Which document should we update?

You are referring to a Wiki which is written for Ubuntu. As you are now using Fedora (and I guess you will have a good reason to do so beside the newer Kernel) the package system on Fedora is completely different. Ubuntu is using *.deb packages for the use of dpkg. That won't work at all for Fedora, as Fedora uses other packages (rpm). For that reason you need to find specific rpm-packages and then probably start reading man rpm to get more familiar with the OS you are using now.

Probably the keymap-editor-add-on will do what you are after. Give it a shot.

And just for the note....You are also able to install newer Kernels on Ubuntu. There's no reason to switch to Fedora is you aren't familiar with that OS only for the use of a newer Kernel.

If the Wiki is still valid for Ubuntu, we won't change that ofc. We could probably add something for Fedora as well. But as a Wiki is community-driven, we need someone who is williing to do so.
Thanks for the feedback, but I wasn't referring to the differences between Ubuntu and Fedora. Although it might have looked that way. Anyhow, after 2 days of fiddling around, cursing a lot, being in lirc pains and agony, reading  all kinds of tutorials I figured it out. Had to reinstall Fedora two times just to be sure it's fool proof. 

For anyone else having issues with the OK button and the BACK button not working in Kodi 17, please check the guide I created. Feel free to update the Wiki if you think it  could help others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set up an Asrock htpc remote on Linux0