0.8.0f Overheating?
I'm running 0.8.0f on a Raspberry Pi 3, OSMC (Kodi 17.6) with an ethernet connection.  It's a Canakit setup with the cooling fins on the ICs and a Canaki case, placed on a shelf with plenty of ventilation and no other electronics within 6".  I've loaded the 6 channels currently available thru USTVNow along with 15 LEGAL addons (Newsy, Comet, HGTV, Food Network, etc) for a total of 21 channels.

I've noticed lately that after running PTVL for a while - I tend to leave it on so I don't have to sit thru the kind of lengthy start - that I have the little thermometer icon showing up in the upper left-hand corner.  I'm assuming that this is indicating an overheat of my RPi.  So I exit the addon.  The temperature appears to return to normal (approx. 140° F) by the time I can get to "System Info" and the hardware tab.

Is this an actual overheat or some sort of a glitch?  Am I overloading my little RPi?  Will 0.9.0 with Leia have similar or greater processing requirements?
PTVL is a heavy script with a lot of background functions; so its possible it could burden a slow device.

v.0.9.x is heavily optimized and should perform better on a rpi.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
How long roughly are we looking at for new release
(2018-04-12, 19:22)Ey3d3fy Wrote: How long roughly are we looking at for new release
 I think we're just waiting for Kodi 18 to have an official stable release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
0.8.0f Overheating?0