DVD locks drive?
Hi!

Have a silly question:

When inserting a music CD in the dvd-drive, XBMC starts playing it, if I eject it, I can insert a new one , and it will again autoplay.

So far all good.

If I on the other hand a movie DVD, it will again autostart. If I try to change/eject the DVD, it is not possible! Even if I stop the movie, it will still not eject! I have to shutdown XBMC before I am able to eject it.

Is this a known issue?
Its a known issue to me Smile (not that that helps you)
what you can do for now is make sure you have a dvd drive share in you media windows then open up the context menu on it and it has a eject/close drive option that works
Did this start to appear around the change to 0.79? I don't have problems with it but I ain't sure my DVDDrive is lockable in linux.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Nah pretty sure its always been there
This issue has been around since I started using XBMC beginning of this year. this issue is the only reason why I still have my dvd player.
Maybe this helps....

I do not use DVD/CDROM source from XBMC... instead of that I use a typical folder on Hard disc, although it is really a symbolic link to the cdrom mounted folder from linux... I use gnome automounting volumes... if you do not use gnome or any other, you would need to use automount program or similar...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=181...stcount=15

It is a bit complicated, but now I can use UDF discs, as well as I can eject everything when I want.

I think it would be a problem auto-playing discs, but for me at least it doesnt matter so much.
What I did to solve this problem was following the solution found here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=115499

The problem I currently have is that XBMC doesn't detect a DVD in the drive unless it's loaded after the DVD has been put there. Anyone have a solution to that one?
Anyone got any idea about this??
Yes topfs2 does it somthing to do with we never realese the drive after its been read he was looking into fixing it but meant redoing a lot of the underlying stuff so if he still is the will take time

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD locks drive?0