Uninstalled, reinstalled Kodi 17.6 but still missing 2 add-on browser options
Greetings,
This is my first time on this forum, so I hope I have found the correct location for this post.

I had Kodi 17.6 installed into my Sony Bravia Android TV. It became corrupted with build use, so I uninstalled it from the Sony TV Settings/Apps menu and reinstalled through Google Play Apps. I have done this several times and I notice that upon reinstall and restart it no longer notes anything about "Starting Kodi for the First Time" -

KODI now does not function correctly and won't complete the install on anything further . I even tried a repair app (with a greek-like name) and it won't install either.

This is what happens:

While installing into this Kodi in the usual manner, the option to "Install from Repository" (plus one more option I can't recall) is missing.
Since "Install from Zip File" was listed, I tried to use that, however every installation of anything fails and there is an error message noting the fail plus one about  "A dependency on version could not be satisfied".

Somehow I think that uninstalling Kodi under the TV Settings/Apps and then reinstalling from Google Play is not providing a true fresh install of Kodi because it does not note the "Starting Kodi for the First Time" on first start up after reinstall.

Please Help! I've done this several times and am at my wits end as to what to do next!
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2018-04-09, 08:30)Thespianator Wrote: Greetings,
This is my first time on this forum, so I hope I have found the correct location for this post.

I had Kodi 17.6 installed into my Sony Bravia Android TV. It became corrupted with build use, so I uninstalled it from the Sony TV Settings/Apps menu and reinstalled through Google Play Apps. I have done this several times and I notice that upon reinstall and restart it no longer notes anything about "Starting Kodi for the First Time"
 Erase Kodi cache and try again to start Kodi...
Thanks to everyone for their replies and for the suggestions.

As it turned out, I tried something new (to me):

Uninstalled Kodi from the Sony TV app menu, and this time after the uninstall ran,  I unplugged the TV for a short period of time.
Plugged it back in, let it go through the entire boot menu, then reinstalled Kodi from the Google Play app -

AND IT WORKED!

I love it when a simple solution works!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Uninstalled, reinstalled Kodi 17.6 but still missing 2 add-on browser options0