Images (ignore) certain extensions or part of file names
I was wondering how can I achieve to ignore certain extensions of images (or part of their names) like .thumb.jpg or .sized.jpg or .highlighted.jpg being displayed, when I view them via 'Images' menu in my XBMC.

I tried to alter the \XBMC\UserData\Advancedsettings.xml file, but it did not work :confused2:
<pictureextensions>
<remove>.thumb.jpg|.sized.jpg|.highlighted.jpg</remove>
</pictureextensions>

My XBMC (running btw. perfectly under Linux Ubuntu7.10) on Dell Inspiron8200 laptop is linked to my other box running 'Gallery' image server. Gallery natively creates these file extensions like .thumb.jpg .sized.jpg .highlighted.jpg and I do not want to display them in my XBMC

Any help would be appreciated. THANKS.
remove only applies to the default list (i.e. it'll only remove from the default list of allowed extensions).

You cannot currently remove certain file names.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks jmarshall.

Is it posible to prevent the scan engine to load images with extensions .thumb.jpg .sized.jpg .highlighted.jpg into default list.

Or, how difficult would be to expand the default list of allowed extensions and to add few more (like the ones I need: .thumb.jpg .sized.jpg .highlighted.jpg)

Big Thanks to all XBMC team for the greatest Media Center outhere, and especially for porting it into Linux environment.
It would require extra code.

The problem is you want it to include .jpg but exclude .thumb.jpg - so a simple "is it in this list", which we currently do, doesn't work - you need a "is it in this list" and then AND "is it NOT in this list".

I'm sure something like this would be a nice little patch.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Images (ignore) certain extensions or part of file names0