Weather working in .5?
Wether seems to have stopped working for me in .5 . I just get a busy response if I go to refresh it. This is in Toronto. It was working fine previously.
Has anyone else had this issue?

pmcd
many people and its not a XBMC or OSX version issue its an issue because weather.com got anal about how programs access their info and changed it breaking the way its retrieved
It has been fixed in the xbox version but this change has yet to make its way into the Linux code and thus the OSX code by default
I don't know if I would say they are being anal. They are getting hit up constantly from not only XBMC but tons of other platforms and the problem is a lot of programmers don't bother to minimize the amount of times they poll the server for weather. I can see why they change it up from time to time.
As a temporary solution, just as stated here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=183...stcount=12 , use an HexEditor (like 0xED) to edit XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC Smile
Mickey Wrote:As a temporary solution, just as stated here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=183...stcount=12 , use an HexEditor (like 0xED) to edit XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC Smile

Sorry, but can you explain it a bit further. When I go to the offset stated, it returns a different result than what is the post you linked to?
It is also now fixed in linux version which XBMC for OSX is based on.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
@Lowie007 Don't go to the offset, search for the string quoted in that post, change the 'prod' for 'link'

Worked for me Smile
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
Will be fixed shortly in the next beta.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather working in .5?0