Harmony Sequences
iordonez Wrote:Total BS, EVERY apple remote sends the same code... Use the same apple remote with your aTV, Mac Mini, Macbook, iPod Dock, etc. Now The code they send for Pressing Play once vs. HOLDING play is different. I call this a case of a company being lazy and just deferring the blame elsewhere. (i.e. when you ATI all in wonder won't record sound right, ATI says it's sound blasters fault... Sound Blaster says it's ATI's fault.. some one needs to man up)

Actually Logitech is right. The remote actually sends the remote's ID with the actual IR function. There are 250 different ID's. This document explains it clearly:

http://funwithcomputers.wordpress.com/20...n-ir-port/

I just wish Logitech would make it easier to teach raw codes to the remote without having to teach them using the other remote.
I guess I'm more referring to the fact that if you train from a paired remote it should work without a problem. And if you train from a paired remote to a computer that's not paired... it should still work. The Harmony should learn the sequences that the remote sends, including it's unique ID. So if you bring your harmony remote over to my house it should control my mini, unless I've turned pairing on.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong.
All apple remote send the same 'codes' thats why one remote works on multiple Macs. However, sent along with the code and an 'id' for the remote, this is what is used when a remote is paired with a Mac.

RemoteBuddy uses this to it's advantage, by allowing you to register multiple remotes on the system, thus allowing you to have more then just the limited number of buttons available on one remote. Thats how this guide allowed for unique codes for each action: http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:3oB...cd=1&gl=us
I've had my Harmony 550 working from this guide since at least v0.3 so perhaps users will have to do something like this to get better Harmony support. OR maybe the new XBMC remote daemon can provide codes for 'virtual' remotes that can be imported into the Harmony.

A side note on pairing/locking: if you got another remote with this same id, its limited to 1 to 252, then a second remote can work on the Mac it's just very unlikely to happen in the wild.
I can't get my Harmony 688 to work.

How fast do you have to press the apple remote buttons for it to properly pick up the 2-button and the 3-button sequences? I have tried pressing them lightning quick (taptaptap), semi-quick, and then quick (tap-tap-tap), all to no avail.

Has anyone had much success in getting the sequences mapped?
I actually did get it all working today. I had to learn the buttons a few times, though. And I'm not using all 19 "buttons", only the basic 5 + 10 sequences.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to share sequences, as they are tied to activities, not devices. I named my device "XBMC 0.5B2". You can try that name and see if the buttons are pulled down automatically, and then create the sequences you wish to use.
I used the tutorial on the Funwithcomputer web site and I was able to program about 30 functions in my Harmony 550. Everything is working fine, except the key "speed" is very slow.

Speed is probably the wrong term, rather it's the delay between key actions. The "inter-key" delay seems to be about 1 second. This also affects the speed of the key repeat.

Scrolling through a large collection of movies (100 or more) is painfully slow when it moves at a rate of 1 movie per second.

I set the delays in the Harmony software down to 0 ms for the inter-key delay and 100 ms for Inter-device delays (minimum possible), but the speed remains slow.Sad

Does anyone have any ideasHuh?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony Sequences0