Really dumb question, sorry
Question 
OK, I know I'm gonna get laughed at for asking this but I can't find the answer anywhere and I'm stuck so I'll take the hit.

If I take a copy of the Project Mayhem III folder and rename it to "Test" then edit the skin.xml and change the <skinname> to Test as well when I go into XBMC, "Test" appears as a skin in the list but it is greyed out, what have I missed? I want to have a fiddle with the xml but don't want to risk breaking my main skin, it's kinda frustrating and embarrassing to be stumped at something this basic Blush
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
you should be able to just copy the folder and rename it and thats the name it shows
you probably did somthing to the skin.xml file thats stuffed it up and making it grey out as invalid. The actual name in the skin.xml dosn't get used as far as I know
You are absolutely right! as soon as I edit the skin.xml it stops working. Guess I need a better text editor than mac textedit, it must be doing something that xbmc doesn't like but because its "Mac Friendly" it won't show me what it is... Grrr

I wish there was a button in user settings on osx that said "I know what I'm doing, show me the 'scary' stuff" lol
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
ChoccyHobNob

Check out BBedit its a great app for making changes to xmls. Oh nice PM3 theme by the way.

D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Really dumb question, sorry0