Unexpectedly Quits.
Hi, im running leopard on an intel imac (which meets the requirements) but everytime i go to start up XBMC it unexprectedly quits.. i'm not sure why this is and im wondering if anyone can help? Confused
lastcrime Wrote:Hi, im running leopard on an intel imac (which meets the requirements) but everytime i go to start up XBMC it unexprectedly quits.. i'm not sure why this is and im wondering if anyone can help? Confused

I'm having the same problem - Macbook 2GHz Core Duo, Leopard up to date, get these when I try to start it using Terminal:

The XBMC_HOME environment variable is not set.
Asking helper to start.
XBMCHelper is already running.
Bus error
logout
I realize I should try force quitting XBMCHelper so I did and now here's what I get:

Asking helper to start.
Adding 39 Apple Remote cookies.
XBOX360: Registering for notifications.
Bus error
logout
if you have a case sensitive file system use terminal to navigate to /Applications/Xbmc.app/Resources/ and 'mv UserData userdata' fixed it for me
xzcvczx Wrote:if you have a case sensitive file system use terminal to navigate to /Applications/Xbmc.app/Resources/ and 'mv UserData userdata' fixed it for me

Tried this..
cd /Applications/XBMC/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC
mv UserData userdata

and that didnt work (it renamed it but it still doesnt open).

I dont have /Applications/Xbmc.app/Resources/UserData, is the one I moved the file you were talking about?

Thanks for the reply.
^ did work for me still unexpectedly quits..
* Didn't Work *
yeah oops i meant /Applications/Xbmc.app/contents/Resources/ my bad
xzcvczx, Thx this worked for me but I also had to delete ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC folder after renaming userdata.
Uh, i dont know if this is suppost to be like this but i dont have the XBMC folder in application support, also i dont have XBMC helper running either when i start it up.. maybe this is my problem?
lastcrime Wrote:Uh, i dont know if this is suppost to be like this but i dont have the XBMC folder in application support, also i dont have XBMC helper running either when i start it up.. maybe this is my problem?

Best way to do a clean install is make sure there is no ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC and delete /Applications/XBMC.app After that's done re-download the latest beta and put it in the Applications folder...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unexpectedly Quits.0