Newbie Question re: Video_TS Folder
Okay, I'm sure I'm missing something glaring here, but when I point XBMC for Mac OS X at my "Movies" folder, nothing appears inside, even though there are movies there ripped and waiting to be burned (uh, for backup purposes).

What am I missing here? Because so far, this looks like a killer app.

Thanks in advance for straightening me out.
Do you see the folders? Are the files actually there or are you using any aliases? I like using Library mode to view movies, especially TS folders as it saves you a bunch of clicks.
Inside the folder (at least in the Finder) there are subfolders - Transformers, MI:3, etc., inside of which are the Video_TS folders. When I go to "Movies" in XBMC and browse to the Movies folder, none of the other folders appear; all I get is the parent folder icon. I tried moving the Video_TS folders out of their enclosing folders and directly into the Movies folder, but still no dice.
try this command in terminal and show me the output:

ls -l ~/Movies/
This is how I have my set-up done.

> (drive)
>> (Movies Dir)
>>> (Movie #1)
>>>> (Video_TS dir)

The only way I get XBMC to see the movies is to select the (movies dir) abov e the folder with the movie name and above further the Video_TS.

Make sure to set "Directory contains" to Movies.
Select "Use Folder Names For Lookups"

and it's all gold.

If you see the actual movies folders, don't select "movies" as directory type, or select "folder contains a single video", then it likely wont find anything.

Likewise depending on how your movie folder is named it might not return a valid result (from IMDB if selected) and thus not be added. I noticed (in prior versions anyways) that when I had OFDb selected and they didn't have the movie it was never added to the library. I'd had similar results with IMDB if something in the name wasn't quite right.

Don't know if this helps but thought I would try.
Macintosh:~ ADT2$ ls -l ~/Movies/
total 0
drwx------ 3 ADT2 ADT2 102 May 12 21:16 TRANSFORMERS_VANILLA
drwx------ 32 ADT2 ADT2 1088 Oct 23 2007 VIDEO_TS
Macintosh:~ ADT2$
Try creating a new folder, elsewhere on your computer, even a different drive. After you do that crate a single folder in it... you should at least see this folder. put the Video_TS folder inside and make sure you can navigate to it. Also post a copy of your logs to pastebin.com if you still have problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie Question re: Video_TS Folder0