• 3(current)
[RELEASE] TV-Shack (TVshack.net) Video Plugin
Rainbow 
theguyrules Wrote:Also, is it possible to have a way for it to buffer for a while before you play so that I can play it uninterrupted? My internet isn't super fast.

alternatively download the videos and watch them when complete. Try doing it while you're asleep for example. Wink

You can even set your xbox to auto off after a few hours.
How would you do that? Leave it to buffer for a while or what?
Having trouble as the video loads verrryyy slowly.
Have you got any bottle-necks in your network ?

Have you tested your downstream recently ?

If it`s a tudou stream they are generally slower than the others but still load for broadband users at a reasonable rate.

Cheers
Sorry, could you explain what bottle-necks are?
My speed on the pc is generally great for youtube and stuff, like I can load movies faster than they actually play. This is not the case for the Xbox.
Bottle neck ( a slowdown in your network ) from large bandwicth to low. Much like the neck of a bottle.

How is your xbox connected to your network ?

Directly via ethernet from the router or connected to the pc sharing an internet connection or wireless ?

If youtube streaming well to pc then check the connection between the xbox and the router, most cases it`s down to people connecting to pc via wireless then sharing the connection to the box but only getting low bandwidth.

Other than that try a diff plugin and see if the stream is caching while playing, think it`s the black button while watching the stream, check the cache bit.

Other than that brother i have no idea.
Its connected via ethernet to a network card in my PC.
Oh well, ill try some other settings and stuff.
Thanks for your help mate.

Cya
theguyrules.
theguyrules Wrote:Its connected via ethernet to a network card in my PC.
Oh well, ill try some other settings and stuff.
Thanks for your help mate.

Cya
theguyrules.

Make sure you set your network card on the pc to 100 Full as the xbox's internal network is set to 100 full. You probally have the network card in your pc set to Auto. This will cause many dropped packets and that is why you would be experiencing network problems. What OS are you using Windows XP? If so goto control panel-network connections- right click on the network connection that is sharing with the xbox and click properties. Next click configure and click the advanced tab. Look for the Link Speed\Duplex property and change it to 100/full. You should then notice a big improvement.
Thanks very much for the advice, I noticed the packets werent going up very fast on the network connection when I was veiwing videos.
I will give this configuration a try.
Thanks!!!
theguyrules Wrote:Thanks very much for the advice, I noticed the packets werent going up very fast on the network connection when I was veiwing videos.
I will give this configuration a try.
Thanks!!!
packets? Eek
I'm having trouble with this plugin. I can't get any of the videos to play. I browse to the program I want to watch and click on it. It appears to start downloading some data but then I'm presented with a file browser with the only choice of '..' .

I have just installed XBMC on my xbox. Is there something else I need to do to get this plugin to work? Do I need to download something else? Also, if someone could tell me of a known working program that I can try just to make sure that I'm not clicking on content that is no longer available.

I am really eager to get this working so any help is much appreciated.
The Plugin is fine i have tested it again.

Read the thread : plugin tutorial with video at the top of this forum section.

It appears you have installed it incorrectly.

Remember it is for xbox xbmc.
oh and slim, get the new joox plug from my sig
Videos hosted on megavideo no longer work. If I browse to the same link on my web browser it has the message:
Quote:This video is only available to watch on the host site, please click the link below to be redirected there.

Works fine if I actually follow the link on tvshack and go through to megavideo.
Thats because the plugin uses the cached links from tv-shack, it doesn`t pull the megavideo id from the page then convert it to the true flv / avi via a megavideo algorithm.

It can - but tv shack are almost done with resolving megavideo flv files - after the algo change. I don`t see the point in changing the plugin code, only to have to revert it back later.

Voinage
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV-Shack (TVshack.net) Video Plugin6