want to rename movie title in library...dont know what underlying filename is
I have some titles that are incorrectly named in the library, and id like to edit the titles manually. i go into context menu and rename title, but what i cant find is a link to what exactly the underlying movie is that its misnamed. is there some way in xbmc for me to see exactly what the file is with the cover its gotten from imdb and rename accordingly?
yeah, I've ran across this too... I haven't seen any way to see the information of the actual location of the file... you might want to file a bug report/feature request.
via the skin you can get it using listitem.filename or listitem.filepath or listitem.filenameandpath.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So this might be something to ask the PMIII developer then?
Well maybe but I'm really not going to add a permanant link in the skin for it because it would look silly
what you can do is open up CommonViewTypes_Library.xml in either PAL or PAL16x9 dirs and change the first 2
<info>ListItem.Label2</info>
to
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label] - - - $INFO[ListItem.Filename]</label>

but really if you think one is missign or has the wrong info just push the I button on the file in filemode not library and it will show the info stored for the file
Even including a Path line in the Movie Information screen would be bad? Just curious, don't really care much either way.
To be honest that window is way over full as it is now and really needs a redesign if any more information is going to be put into it
I agree with iordonez, that the video info window would be the one place that it might make sense to have it, but there are problems with it (stacks, rars, etc.) It's certainly not important information, so making it small and unobtrusive would be the way to go if it's added at all.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
want to rename movie title in library...dont know what underlying filename is0