Music Thumbnails with Itunes Folder Setup
I've been poking around for this answer but I cant quite find it.

I have all of my music on a share configured in the Itunes Folder design. That is to say:

Music Folder - > Artists Folder -> Albums Folder -> Audio Files

I notice that when I get to the Albums Folder I can see the thumbnails for the each Album. Unfortunately when you are browsing the Artists Folder no thumbnails appear, just a standard XBMC icon.

Does xbmc support this folder layout, hopefully grabbing the first Image icon it can find in a lower folder? I'm wondering if osxbmc just hasnt had time to index all my songs.

If not maybe i'll put this in as a feature request for osxbmc. I'm not sure how unique this design is to Itunes but since they are building it mainly for the Apple platform it seems like this should be supported (if it isnt already).

Thanks for your input.
I do have a similar problem though I cant get any of my embeded artwork to show up in XBMC. I have all my music on a NAS disk mounted via AFP. I have had this problem since version 0.1.6. Before 0.1.6 everything worked great!
IIRC correctly linuxbranch updated the imagelib around that time, and it seems to have been borked around the same time.

As a workaround now you can scrape the albumart from the internet using the allmusic scrapper, it's in Settings -> Music somewere, or context menu in the library.

I personally have all my covers as jpegs so I haven't noticed it, hopefully some dev with the time will look through this.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
So these are embedded images in MP3 files? I'm pretty sure I just tested that and it worked fine. If not, please post a descriptive bug to Trac and some sample files and we'll look at it.
Zilch321: It depends on where the images are located. If they're folder.jpg, then it'll be supported out of the box (the thumb will be assigned to the folder, which in your case is an album, and all songs will inherit that thumb). If they're embedded thumbs, then they're assigned to the album, not the folder, though on a scan into the library they should also be assigned to the folder. So do a scan into the library, and you should be fine (it's a way better way to view your music anyway).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

iTunes 7, I think, doesn't embed album art into the MP3 by default, it just saves all the artwork into your iTunes library. It should be in ~/Music/iTunes/Album Art. Anyway, for it to show up in XBMC, it'll either need to be embedded into the MP3 or the image should be present inside the album folder, like jmarshall stated, as "folder.jpg".
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Im pretty sure all my albumart is embeded in the MP3 files, i did test yesterday to throw away the folder ~/Music/iTunes/Album Art and all my artwork still worked fine in Itunes. I also tested to have my music on the local harddrive and still nothing. I have tested it on three different MACs and two different MP3 archives and I get nothing. I will try to post a bug to Trac and some sample files later today after work.

//Evol
I have now filed a bug on Trac as good as I could with my bad english! Smile In some strange way it ended up to be two identical tickets but with the samplefiles just in one of them.... Sorry! Hopes it helps!

//Evol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Thumbnails with Itunes Folder Setup0