dolby atmos
So my audio equipment has progressed up to 9.2 / 11 channels. when i look in kodi i see up to 7.1 so... can i pass more audio channels with a certain setting? I looked through some of the audio wiki and didnt really see much on the subject. i have been passing video and audio through my video card hdmi connection to my receiver
You don't mention the device that you were checking Kodi on. As long as the device supports HD audio passthrough, you won't have any issues with Dolby ATMOS or DTS:X. More than 8 channel LPCM is supported only with 3D Audio stream. Kodi doesn't support 3D Audio sample packets. For that matter, I am not sure whether there is any media player software that supports it. AVRs supporting 3D Audio sample packets might be also hard to find.
(2018-05-10, 18:36)wesk05 Wrote: You don't mention the device that you were checking Kodi on. As long as the device supports HD audio passthrough, you won't have any issues with Dolby ATMOS or DTS:X. More than 8 channel LPCM is supported only with 3D Audio stream. Kodi doesn't support 3D Audio sample packets. For that matter, I am not sure whether there is any media player software that supports it. AVRs supporting 3D Audio sample packets might be also hard to find.
 I run hdmi to a onkyo tx rz1100 then that over to the tv
(2018-05-10, 20:43)cinobyte Wrote: I run hdmi to a onkyo tx rz1100 then that over to the tv 
What is the device running Kodi? Is it a PC running Windows/Linux?
(2018-05-10, 21:24)wesk05 Wrote:
(2018-05-10, 20:43)cinobyte Wrote: I run hdmi to a onkyo tx rz1100 then that over to the tv 
What is the device running Kodi? Is it a PC running Windows/Linux? 
 oh pc windows 10 i5 with (i think) r9 video card would have to check the video
I don't think you would have any problem with passthrough for Dolby ATMOS or DTS:X.
(2018-05-11, 21:34)wesk05 Wrote: I don't think you would have any problem with passthrough for Dolby ATMOS or DTS:X.
 looks like i needed to change to wasapi everything seems to be working just need to do some testing
It sounds like you sussed it, but just in case you have any issues. With setting set to Expert, I have Speakers set to 7.1, and passthrough device as WASAPI. Tick the Dolby True HD and DTS Master HD checkboxes (Plus everything else it will play). I have the TX-RZ800, and I needed a firmware upgrade before DTS-X worked, so if you have any issues check the Onkyo website for recent firmware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dolby atmos0