Please Point Me in the Right Direction...
Question 
Hiyas:

OK I've finally gotten back home and installed OSXBMC on my Mini, with the xTV skin. Fantastic app, I think I'm really going to enjoy it. But the documentation is sparse, or rather assumes a level of familiarity I just don't have. I've managed to get some things sorted, but I really need some pointers on a couple of the following (very simple, no doubt) questions:

1) I have some DVD's that I have made of my travels, etc. Obviously they're not going to show up in the IMDB search, but I'd like them to have a thumbnail graphic and a description. Is there anyway to set that manually?

2) There's a couple movies I have that don't show up in the IMDB search, like Tron, oddly enough. Is there a way I can switch to one of the online movie databases for just those movies or will it affect all the movies?

3) Is there a list somewhere with what keyboard commands correspond to the xBox controller buttons? I've found a few but I'm missing many.

4) Is anyone having their sound cut out? Ever few minutes my receiver will click off and then back on. This is only happening when playing back a .vob file from XBMC, not, for example, when VLC or DVDPlayer run it.

Thanks,

Equusz
1. Use an nfo file.
2. Use an nfo file with the URL in it. Surely Tron is on IMDb though?

There's more info on this in the online manual - feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I'll leave the rest for the Mac folk.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

1. If you have a file called "moviename.avi" create a text file called moviename.nfo, paste this into it...
Code:
<movie>
        <title></title>
        <rating></rating>
        <year></year>
        <plot></plot>
        <runtime></runtime>
        <genre></genre>
</movie>
then fill in the info between the tags with whatever you like
Find a picture for your thumbnail image, rename it to moviename.tbn
put both files with the moviename.avi now scan it into the library Nod

2. Look up the film manually in imdb, create a text file called moviename.nfo and paste the imdb id into it (tron is tt0084827 btw) if it's not in imdb (I have a few oddities like that myself) see number 1

3. look in
Code:
/Users/<your username>/library/application support/xbmc/UserData/Keymap.xml
it should all be in there (somewhere)

4. Yes I'm getting some very odd sound related issues too Eek
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
Gah!!

number 2 should be
2. Look up the film manually in imdb, create a text file called moviename.nfo and paste the imdb url into it (tron is "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084827/" btw) if it's not in imdb (I have a few oddities like that myself) see number 1
ChoccyHobNob Wrote:1. If you have a file called "moviename.avi" create a text file called moviename.nfo, paste this into it...

What if you have a file that's in DVD format with a Video_TS - what do you name the .nfo file?

Eq
Well I would guess at Video_TS.nfo but I don't know because I don't have anything in that format, I package all my dipped dvds into an iso called moviename.iso and have a moviename.nfo for that

maybe someone else can be more definitive
dipped=ripped lol, *sigh* at lack of edit!
Equusz Wrote:What if you have a file that's in DVD format with a Video_TS - what do you name the .nfo file?

Eq

Movie.Title.nfo (file)
Movie.Title (Folder)
> Video_TS (Folder)
> Audio_TS (Folder)

A little dab will do you.

The problem I have is writing the crpytic nfo file for anything other then the most simple things. A nfo editor on the Mac like whats out for Windows would be a godsend.

There are so many things that need to be tweaked with an nfo to be correct in XBMC. This is IMDB (and other) related, not XBMC.
"put both files with the moviename.avi now scan it into the library"

I have some TV shows that I would love to scan into a library and have them show up in TV Show in xTV . How does one do this? I can set the content of the folder contain gthe shows but I don't have an option of making them go into the TV Shows menu that appears on the first page of xTV. Do you mean manually add them to the library?

Thank's,

pmcd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please Point Me in the Right Direction...0