TV Shows Menu in xTV Seems Jammed
Hiyas:

Movies library is working well, but I'm stumped at the TV Shows Menu. When I click it, I just get a black menu with "movies" at the top right and a scroll area that looks like this:

> <

with nothing between them. If I move the mouse arrow to the middle I get the usual popup with View/List/Search/IMDB etc, but I don't get any option to add a source or link to my TV show files. What am I missing?

Eq
You're using the xTV skin, I take it. Just a pointer, try giving us essential information like this the next time, makes it easier to troubleshoot.

xTV has two shortcuts for Movies and TV Shows. Movies, by default, point at the file browser while TV Shows points at the library. Use the file browser, preferably in the default skin, and add your media to the library to make xTV work as intended. Also, you might want to go into Skin Settings in xTV and check a checkbox to make it use Movies as a library-link instead of the file browser.
Thanks very much for the tip!

Nathaniel Wrote:You're using the xTV skin, I take it. Just a pointer, try giving us essential information like this the next time, makes it easier to troubleshoot.

FYI, I always include essential information. xTV is mentioned in the subject line of the thread.

Thanks again!

Eq
Haha, 1-0 to you then Smile
Make sure you update xTV to the latest version, could help. Fixed other issues people saw with Audio settings in a movie.
im having this problem as well. just installed it on the 17th. has there been a new release since then?
Equuz, I've found out that, if that's your problem, when I first added TV shows, even if I've configured the folder to be "TV shows", they would appear in the movies folder, and that you had to find the source so they could appear under the movies folder...but then I realised, if you did what I did, that if you use .mov files, they will automatically go to the movies file, even if you configure them as TV shows...But if you put .avi files and configure them as TV Shows, they display correctly, and also autoconfigure themselves with the exact name, season, and episode ID...Hope this can fix your problem
Nathaniel Wrote:You're using the xTV skin, I take it. Just a pointer, try giving us essential information like this the next time, makes it easier to troubleshoot.

xTV has two shortcuts for Movies and TV Shows. Movies, by default, point at the file browser while TV Shows points at the library. Use the file browser, preferably in the default skin, and add your media to the library to make xTV work as intended. Also, you might want to go into Skin Settings in xTV and check a checkbox to make it use Movies as a library-link instead of the file browser.

how do you do this exactly?

I've got the movies working fine, but like the other people when I click on "Tv shows" on my main menu I get a menu with "library mode" checked...but i cant use the menu, stuff is just going on in the background

is there any way to just link straight to my TV shows source from the front page?
bugme Wrote:I've got the movies working fine, but like the other people when I click on "Tv shows" on my main menu I get a menu with "library mode" checked...but i cant use the menu, stuff is just going on in the background

I also have the above problem, I've tried searching around and read somewhere that editing my Home.xml might help? I'm streaming from my computer using samba i think

<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,SMB//:192.168.1.2/Movies/Tv Series)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(tv-library)</visible>
</item>
<item>

that's how I edited but still no joy. Can anyone else perhaps give me a helping hand?

thanks
Ian

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Menu in xTV Seems Jammed0