[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Microphone and Line in input for karaoke and musical instrument?
So I'm guessing all USB Microphones are no good then?
If you want Karaoke, use Ultrastar Deluxe. You can use your Mic with that Wink
Just tried adding that through the command line in XBMCLive.
Install's but wont run.

Quote:xbmc@XBMCLive:/usr/local/bin$ ultrastardx
init kbd.
An unhandled exception occurred at $08081CB4 :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
$08081CB4
$080ED267
$080E2D01
$080A2860

Looks like I need to bloat out my install just to get Karaoke working.

If it will work with Ultrastar, how come not XBMC Live...?!
Can anyone explain how to get a microphone working in XBMC, the wiki doesn't really cover that. I have an Acer Revo 3610 dual boot with Win7 and Ubuntu, and also an Xbox. Does karaoke work on any of these systems? My mic works in both Ubuntu and Win7 (record, and then playback), but it does nothing in XBMC (no voice). It's plugged into the microphone jack, shouldn't it work?

Thanks.
DejaVu77 Wrote:If it will work with Ultrastar, how come not XBMC Live...?!

It will if someone (you?) writes code to handle the mic on Linux, Windows and Mac. Maybe you?

Optionally you may set up your sound card into passthrough mode (enable mic in playback mode), and it will work.
Oops - Wrong thread. Smile
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
dfelix Wrote:Yes..
My intention was to output from a turntable, so somethink like vinyl sounds better than "line in"

It's a nice workaround... specially for xbox users.
But it would be great have a line in as native option in xbmc, as all pc's with soundcar have this kind of connection.

dfelix: Did you ever get this suggested workaround working with a streaming server (e.g. icecast) with line in from your turntable? I'm looking into doing the same thing with a USB turntable.
Bump for this feature in Windows.

If I play a youtube video in Explorer or Firefox or Chrome I can have sound from a microphone over the sound from the video with no problem, but if I play the same youtube video from within XBMC the microphone sound gets disconnected.

I am not technically inclined, so don't know about the programming issues involved - but is there a specific reason that XBMC shuts off all other sound inputs? Is there a switch that could be added to turn the microphone sound back on?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Microphone and Line in input for karaoke and musical instrument?0