• 9(current)
Vision 2 skin release
yoci Wrote:I've done some testing with the freezing problem while browsing in library mode and I found out that movies and tv shows with long plot text makes the skin freeze when the autoscrolling should start. It is the same movies and shows that freezes but I noticed that if you scroll through them fast it doesn't freeze so it seems that the autoscrolling is the problem.
i had noticed it was the same movies and tv shows too, but hadn't caught that it was related to the plot text.

Jezz_X Wrote:Make sure your running the latest xbmc there was a problem awhile ago that had issues with scrolling of fade labels crashing xbmc if the next label was shorter than the last one.
But again its not really a skin issue more an xbmc one so if you are running the latest post a bug report in the bugs section of the forum
i'm running the 6-16 build and have this issue. maybe i'll try turning auto-scrolling off and see if that helps.
Jezz_X Wrote:Make sure your running the latest xbmc there was a problem awhile ago that had issues with scrolling of fade labels crashing xbmc if the next label was shorter than the last one.
But again its not really a skin issue more an xbmc one so if you are running the latest post a bug report in the bugs section of the forum

I run the latest T3CH
T3CH XBMC 2008-06-16 SVN rev13573
running 6-16 build but it doesnt crash with PMIII
rolled back to 6-01 but vision2 still crashed
going to try compiling the latest code soon
ok, so i've tried a bunch of things with the library freezing. if i take out all of the autoscrolling, the dvd library seems to work fine. i haven't had any freezing yet. however, the tv shows still freezes on the shows that would autoscroll.

if i leave the autoscrolling in, the dvd view works mostly, but seems to freeze in the middle of the autoscroll, although it has been able to get through the whole text a few times.

the most consistent movie that freezes during the autoscroll is 21 (so far). it happens about 19 seconds after i focus on it. sometimes it doesn't freeze though. definitely seems intermittent.

the tv show that always does it is the wonder years. i'm sure that's frozen it every time i have the autoscroll in.

can't figure out if it's a skin thing or an xbmc thing.

BTW, i noticed that the pictures when you focus on a section (like videos or pictures) is now randomized. thanks for that. i changed the imagepath to be a folder where i drop in my own pictures, but it's pretty slow in loading the images, and there's a gap between when one image fades out and when the other gets loaded. i haven't tried smaller images yet though.

i would like to be able to move the home navigation down some so that the focus images could be bigger. especially if i don't have the weather on the home screen. i'm running into the problem of having the middle of the images get overlapped by the selection screen and the label above. that may just be something that i fix on my box though, not necessarily a skin setting.

i do want to point out that this is the best skin i've ever used, and even with the occasional freezing, i'm still using it as my default, and have even taken all the other skins of my box as i have no need for them. i will probably be doing some moderate modifications, but i still absolutely love it. thank you so much for it.
Never thought that Vision2 had seen the daylight already. Shocked R.e.s.p.e.c.t.!

A very exciting evening this will be! Will post my feedback asap.
Hey JazzX, Love the skin, but could i make a suggestion, I know you already mentioned it, but Up the font a little bit more? or make another seclectable font like "Default_Big" I still have a hard time seeing it on my 50" Plasma from like 8 ft awy, I have bat vision however but i'm sure there are others like me as well.

Thanks
About freezing problem again. I just updated to the T3CH build compiled today and it still freezes. I've tried many other skins with similar views and Vision2 is the only one that freezes. I've also tried to disable autoscrolling and I've tried to decrease the font size in the plot text box so the whole plot is showing but it still ends up in a freeze if it's a long plot text.

Jezz_X are you sure this is an XBMC issue?

Oh, and also when I was looking at the code i found this string
<pagecontrol>9999999999</pagecontrol>
what does it mean? seems like a pretty high value
Is there a way to limit the number of lines in the plot text?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Please help me!

How to use the fullsize backgrounds (on the left) for the TV shows? Where to put those images?
hopper Wrote:Please help me!

How to use the fullsize backgrounds (on the left) for the TV shows? Where to put those images?

press the "Get Fan Art" button in the show info dialog if you use thetvdb.com scraper
Regarding "the freezing problem". If you want it fixed, then get it reproducible. Ideally every single time.

Then give us specific instructions on EXACTLY how to reproduce it. Step by step, as if you're telling a 2 year old.

Once we have that, we might be able to reproduce it ourselves and a fix will be the easy bit.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank You Yoci!

Finally i've found it! :-)

The only trouble was that the hungarian language sais in XBMC: "Áthelyezés ide" - it means "Move here" instead of Get Fan Art. :-)

Thanx Again
jmarshall Wrote:Regarding "the freezing problem". If you want it fixed, then get it reproducible. Ideally every single time.

Then give us specific instructions on EXACTLY how to reproduce it. Step by step, as if you're telling a 2 year old.

Once we have that, we might be able to reproduce it ourselves and a fix will be the easy bit.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Ok I can tell you how reproduce it.

Here's my setup (It probably doesn't matter but still I'll give as much info as possible)
Xbox v1.1 with modded BIOS (xecuter2 5035)
320GB HDD

I run XBMC as dashboard in 720p resolution.
I use the T3CH build compiled today (T3CH XBMC 2008-06-30 SVN rev13851)

Now to the freezing issue.

I've only encountered freezes in library mode (both TV Shows and Movies, I don't use Music library so I don't know about that)
There is only one view in this skin in library mode (list view) so ofcourse it's in that view I get the error. If you select a movie or TV show that has a long plot it will freeze. Sometimes it freezes at the instance you select it and sometimes it can take a few seconds.

Here are some examples
Movies: 21, 28 Weeks Later, The Brave One, Sex & Breakfast
TV Shows: Bleach, Friends, Sex & The City

btw I use IMDb for movies and TheTVDB for TV Shows.

I removed this string from both views in ViewsVideoLibrary.xml
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</label>
and that solves the freezing problem so I'm pretty sure that the plot is the issue here.

Hope this is enough info
Many thanks
Oh and by selecting a TV Show or Movie I meant highlight Tongue
i've had issues with both 21 and 28 days later, just like yoci.

other tv shows i've had problems with are the wonders years and veronica mars.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vision 2 skin release4