• 7(current)
Vision 2 skin release
Been messing around with this skin and its class, the movie view is deadly...

My only gripe so far is the font used on the titles, its a bit comical imo and not as sleek as the rest of the skin..
so, i've been messing around with movie fanart on the home screen. do you think this will be an implemented feature in the future? also, is there a way i can set the order of images that are displayed to be random? it always starts from the beginning, so i always see the same thing.

here's an example of what it looks like:
Where do you find advancedsettings.xml? I cannot find it in my userdata folder.
amazing skin!!!!! its my new default but I am also getting random lockups while browsing the library.

UND3R ACHI3V3R: create one using notepad, saving the file as advancedsettings.xml and copy it to userdata folder

flipped cracker, joebrady: thanks for the help, set it to 512 and looking sweet now. i had forgot the <advancedsettings> </advancedsettings> tags

how can i remove "settings" from each category? i feel its too easy for a user to get in there and accidentally change something

how can i remove the swooshing sounds on keypress or change it?
UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:Where do you find advancedsettings.xml? I cannot find it in my userdata folder.
you have to make it yourself and put it in the userdata folder.

mcfreiz Wrote:how can i remove "settings" from each category? i feel its too easy for a user to get in there and accidentally change something

how can i remove the swooshing sounds on keypress or change it?

if you get the svn version, you can change any setting you want. just gotta find it in the right xml file. and i just turned the sounds off. it's in the skin settings.
when try to update the skin via xbmc skin manager i get this error
"Building Skins... Unable to build Vision2 (.bat file missed)" Sad

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Hi guys Smile
I will be adding an option to remove the settings from each menu in home but currently there is no other way to get to them we have no settings Page. So once we design and get a proper main settings page I will add the option to remove th emenu items with them

Same goes for removing weather from home

@ xbs08 no idea its there propbably a problem with the skin manager program
wow this skin is great!

but i get this error all the time

10:30:20 M: 41426944 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Vision2\media\DefaultMovies.png
10:30:20 M: 41426944 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Vision2\media\DefaultTvshows.png
10:30:20 M: 41426944 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Vision2\media\DefaultMusicVideos.png
10:30:20 M: 41426944 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Vision2\media\DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png
10:30:20 M: 41426944 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Vision2\media\DefaultRecentlyAddedEpisodes.png
10:30:20 M: 41426944 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Vision2\media\DefaultRecentlyAddedMusicVideos.png
10:30:20 M: 40771584 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Vision2\media\DefaultMovies.png
10:30:20 M: 40771584 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Vision2\media\DefaultTvshows.png
10:30:20 M: 40771584 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Vision2\media\DefaultMusicVideos.png
10:30:20 M: 40771584 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Vision2\media\DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png
10:30:20 M: 40771584 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Vision2\media\DefaultRecentlyAddedEpisodes.png
10:30:20 M: 40771584 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Vision2\media\DefaultRecentlyAddedMusicVideos.png
yoci every skin will give you that so far
Jezz_X Wrote:yoci every skin will give you that so far
Ok I got a lot of lockups with the skin and thats the last thing I saw in the log so I thougt it might be an issue with the skin.
I noticed that it freezed at the same places so I deleted my db and rescanned everything and now it seems to work.
this what i have at the end of my log from when it crashed last:
02:59:29 M: 4734976 WARNING: DIRECTORY::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 12
02:59:38 M: 4734976 WARNING: DIRECTORY::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 11
02:59:44 M: 4734976 WARNING: DIRECTORY::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 11

there's actually 9 lines of it.
I've just updated vision2, to the latest build, and notice that the home menu animation (cycle) isn't smooth anymore like on the first build, anyone experiencing this?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Yes, I do. It now feels like the skin is to much for the XBOX.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
sorry, but, gotta say this again...

I'm LOVING iT!!!

Yippee!
Exclamation 
Just wondering how I would add two buttons on my harmony to differentiate the Movies and the TV Shows?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vision 2 skin release4