Req Music video addon that simply lists items by directly using there filenames?
Is there any music video add-on that will simply list items by there filename with a random framegrab (or a image file of name matching the video) for a thumbnail?

I have tried the few available music video add-ons out there but none seem to provide this relatively simple function surprisingly. My library even properly formatted is completely incompatible with most databases due to the large number of live recordings and obscure music videos I have hunted down over the years. Not to mention full concerts. I also have multiple examples of some songs such as "Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane"

I use a simple "*BAND* - *SONG* (*Additional Descriptor*) naming system for my files all in one folder as per the wikis recommendation. The additional descriptor is usually the location and year the video was recorded and occasionally an Unofficial or Alternate tag if there are multiple official videos for the song (Like some Metallica titles). Here is an example:

Does anyone know of an add-on that can provide such a function?
I have my music videos named pretty much the same way you do, for the same reasons as you. I just browse them through the basic File View (since I have them just in a "Music Videos" folder) instead of trying to scrape them into the library. That way I can see my descriptors so I can choose the right version of a particular song I want to watch.
Going forward, Kodi Leia version has the ability to read tags in mp4 files including title and artist.  Various tagging software (I am familiar with MediaMonkey and MP3Tag on windows) can add tags to mp4 format files.  MP3Tag at least can set up to extract tag data from formatted filenames.  You might also want to check out the 3rd party "Media Companion v3" to create nfo files for Kodi Krypton.

scott s.
You could also create your own nfo files and add the info you want if metadata cannot be found online. There is a sample nfo file here that you can copy and only fill in the tags you want... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Music_videos
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music video addon that simply lists items by directly using there filenames?0