XBMC_Home environment variable is not set
Hi, guys!

I used the build.sh script to compile on gutsy gibbon and it reported that everything went well. I tried to start XBoxMediaCenter. A window opened, closed and I received the following error:

The XBMC_HOME environment variable is not set.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any tips?

Thanks!

Tommy T
Try running it again. Or try waitint a bit to see if an update shows up for download, sometimes cutting edge code has bugs <shrug>. You could also pastebin the XBMC log and specify the exact version etc. so that an interested Dev could have some snowball's chance in hell of figuring out what happened as right now there's no chance from your current description.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Oh, so in other words, it won't work? Fuck it. My time is money and I could buy an HTPC in the time it's take to fiddle with this stuff that doesn't work.

Have fun playing around with this stuff!
Then please do that instead of complaining on the FREE help from a FREE software. our time is also worth money, which we give away for free

If you´d have provided a log it might have been a simple fix, but now we´ll never know. Have you followed all the steps correctly in the readme?
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2,

Why even try to help somebody with an attitude like that? He's a piece of shit.

TS
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I hoped he was gonna provide the log and then I was gonna laught him in the face if I knew the answer Big Grin
If you have problems please read this before posting

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
hmmm I had that same error but then I installed the restricted driver and rebooted and it worked fine.
Meh, the code is listed CLEARLY as Alpha. Despite that it has with rare exception provided me with MANY hours worth of function and for that I'm thankful. I admit that occasionally I'm a little frustrated by a bug or two but I also realize that the software improves at the pace of those who have the time, skill, and enthusiasm to work on it. Coding something like this is impressive and not something I could do myself so who would I be to bitch about it when it was provided for free?

In short, this guy is an ass and I regret having even taken as much time as I did to try and help him. Hopefully the next person that comes along will be a bit more grateful!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
He should ask for his money back!
rodalpho Wrote:He should ask for his money back!

Ah perfect, will have to remember that the next time someone bitchesLaugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC_Home environment variable is not set0