PyGame support in XBMC?
Information 
@sugarbee
:d
@darkie: thanks for the info! this is what i was looking for!

actually gamester17 already pointed me to libpython.rar, but i missed it when i first read it... sorry.

about libsdl: darkie is right, you will run into trouble when trying to run libdsl under xbmc. but i plan to port pygame as standalone app, not as part of xbmc. so this shouldn't be a problem.

btw: is anyone around who would be interested using pygame on the xbox? or am i the only one wanting that?
hey sugarbee,
i was actually thinking about making some 'games' for xbmc using pygame. i did a seach and this came up. i would love to see this all implimented in xbmc because of all the predone work, such as the gui and the other python scripts on there. but having a standalone app for the xbox would be awesome especially if it has network support etc. i am starting to learn python right now but i am only upto just the command line stuff like hello world and asking the user their name. personally i think that using pygame under xbmc would be awesome!

well if you get any progress done just let us know.
pygame would enable the use of the python vnc client. i like that idea.
has anyone looked at porting pygame or does is it iimpossible
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
iv'e started a port of pygame, at the moment its very slow runs at about 10frames a sec. i don't think a direct port will work. so that means games will have to be rewritten, or made using the lib(from scratch) ill let you no when its dun.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
nice! .. keep us posted .. lemme know if u need anyone to test anything :]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PyGame support in XBMC?0