Macbook buttons changed functions after using Xbmc
Hey everyone, I just recently purchased a Macbook. Being a long time user of xbmc for the xbox I installed version 0.5.ob1, After using the standard apple remote for a while i noticed that my volume buttons on the mac keyboard no longer worked. Instead they carried out different functions, as well as the other top buttons either changing or losing their expected functions. These seemed to occur after an attempt to load xbmc from the remote seemed to open both the front row program and xbmc simultaneously. pushing up on the apple remote caused both the expected upwards movement in xbmc while also increasing the volume, furthermore with every remote click front row would flash as if it was running in the background.

I have since upgraded to the newest build by deleting the xbmc folder, which seemed to wipe the library/applicationsupport/ xbmc folder. The problem persists... further, on my wireless mightymouse the scroll bar is able to scroll down but not back up, however a usb connected mouse works fine.

any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.
Can you specify what the volume key actually do and what the corresponding Fkeys on your mac are?

have you tried installing beta 2? also delete XBMC folder in application support.
iordonez Wrote:Can you specify what the volume key actually do and what the corresponding Fkeys on your mac are?

have you tried installing beta 2? also delete XBMC folder in application support.

Thanks for the reply, I have installed beta 2 and the problem was the same... however when I researched "macbook keyboard shortcuts" in order to better answer your questions I just found a setting that was turned on in the keyboard preferences tab, which may or may not have been a result of xbmc, although in truth, I definitely have never opened that preference window before so I'm not sure what else could have contributed to this issue...

anyhow it's all sorted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Macbook buttons changed functions after using Xbmc0