apple remote help please!
I've got XBMC installed and running fine. Using the apple remote, I can control XBMC. I've got a couple of problems:

1) While XBMC launches on my 2nd display when I press Menu, Front Row still launches as well. Any way to disable Front Row?

2) When I'm moving through menus/folders in XBMC, it affects the volume of the music playing in the background. So I've got a song playing, and then I want to browse through my music. Everytime I move push up, the cursor moves up but the volume also gets louder. Anyway around this?

Thanks a lot.
bisabuelo Wrote:I've got XBMC installed and running fine. Using the apple remote, I can control XBMC. I've got a couple of problems:

1) While XBMC launches on my 2nd display when I press Menu, Front Row still launches as well. Any way to disable Front Row?

2) When I'm moving through menus/folders in XBMC, it affects the volume of the music playing in the background. So I've got a song playing, and then I want to browse through my music. Everytime I move push up, the cursor moves up but the volume also gets louder. Anyway around this?

Thanks a lot.

I also had this problem, and still do on occasion, It usually happens after my computer is restarted and I open xbmc for the first time. However for me, if I make sure the remote is set to "always on" and then just restart xbmc again it usually works fine that second time... but that's just my experience.
I just unistalled Front Row. No need for it.
I just wanted to say that I have the same problem sometimes. Most of the time everything works fine! But on occasions this problem occur. Mostly after a restart of the computer.
Then when I navigate up or down with the remote I also affect the volume. And one time it also started Front Row. But that just happened once.

I have tried to reinstall XBMC several times but after a few days the problem can come back.

When I uninstall XBMC I delete the whole "Library->Application Support->XBMC folder" and I delete the XBMC application in the program folder.
I also run the line "$ killall XBMCHelper" in the terminal to kill the XBMC helper before removing XBMC.

I then install XBMC-0.5.0b2 again but the problem is back after a few days.

If I just switch the Apple Remote settings to "Disabled" and then back to "standard" it works fine again. For a while...
I've had issues with my apple remote too... for some reason to go back I have to click the menu button twice very fast, and I cant stop a movie by holding the menu button down.

Also I would like to know how you guys set up XMBC to launch with the menu button and if their is anyway I can always have it launch in Full screen mode thanks
Tbtf Wrote:I've had issues with my apple remote too... for some reason to go back I have to click the menu button twice very fast, and I cant stop a movie by holding the menu button down.

Also I would like to know how you guys set up XBMC to launch with the menu button and if their is anyway I can always have it launch in Full screen mode thanks

Set your XBMC Apple Remote preferences to "always on" and XBMC will launch when you hit the menu button on your Apple Remote.

You can set XBMC to launch in several different mode, including full screen. Again go to settings > appearance > screen and select full screen as your resolution.
24" iMac aluminum(late 2007) 2.4GHz C2D 4GB RAM Radeon HD2600
Mac Mini(early 2008) 2.0GHz C2D 2GB RAM Intel GMA 950
Macbook (late 2007) 2.16Ghz C2D 4GB RAM Intel GMA 950
Tbtf Wrote:I've had issues with my apple remote too... for some reason to go back I have to click the menu button twice very fast, and I cant stop a movie by holding the menu button down.

Also I would like to know how you guys set up XBMC to launch with the menu button and if their is anyway I can always have it launch in Full screen mode thanks

This is because you have XBMC in "universal" mode, this allows for expanded support for more key presses by using key combo's, in this case Menu+Menu = Menu, Menu + Left =.. etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
apple remote help please!0