setting content type for folders (imdb)
I've tried setting the content for my root tv show folder to tvshows and telling it to run an automated scan. I did not check "this folder contains a single show." but for some reason, it doesn't set the content of all the sub-folders (each folder is a different show). if I go to each individual tv show and set the content, it downloads the proper info. do I have to do this for each show? shouldn't it download for all the shows at once?
disregard this post please. this was just moving slowly, but it's working!
For me though, this is a problem.

Hopefully someone can help me, ive been searching around this forum all day long and no answer that works.

I have two smb disks with dvd movies (from same source). I set the content for one of the disks and the imdb info was fetched for most of the movies.

The problem though is the other disk. I set the content to the same as the first one (on the root folder). But nothing gets fetched, and when i try to get the info manually i haveto set content on every movie folder.

Does anyone recognise this problem, and if so, what's the solution?
just saw that this was in the mac forum, my q is for ordinary xbox
Question 
Hopefully someone can help me, ive been searching around this forum all day long and no answer that works.

I have two smb disks with dvd movies (from same source). I set the content for one of the disks and the imdb info was fetched for most of the movies.

The problem though is the other disk. I set the content to the same as the first one (on the root folder). But nothing gets fetched, and when i try to get the info manually i haveto set content on each and every movie folder and then manually get the info from imdb.

Does anyone recognise this problem, and if so, what's the solution?
You probabaly ticked the box for "contains only one movie" when you set the content for that seconds source.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I chose that the folder contains movies and chose IMDb.
Automatic scanning is ticked.
Use foldername is ticked.
Scan recursively is ticked.

Immediately after i press okay, the xbox is working for like 20 seconds and then nothing. I just thought that it was a slow connection to the internet but after 30 minutes... still nothing.

When i try to set content again, IMDb is chosen and Use foldername is ticked, but not Scan recursively nor automatic scanning.

And still, i haveto set content folder by folder in all moviefolders... ?!??
no, it's recursive. you assign the top dir. scan recursive with folder names doesnt really make sense, assuming you have a layout of

movies/movie1
movies/movie2

etc

you get what you want without the recursive setting. and again, make 100% sure that 'this folder contains a single video' is not checked. other than that, all i can say is that if you want help you need to provide the requested information. that is a debug log
Okay, ive tried that now, and im sure that "this folder contains a single video" wasnt ticked the first time as well.

The debug log is here: http://pastebin.com/m7e0477e8

The folder it concerns is: mediadatorn/torrents/Film

Please help!

// A
What is your directory structure like (on both) and what movie scraper settings are you using?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
now they are being skipped because its finding no change in "content."

Code:
17:35:32 M: 41361408   DEBUG: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::DoScan Skipping dir 'smb://mediadatorn/torrents/Film/' due to no change
17:35:33 M: 41336832   DEBUG: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::DoScan Skipping dir 'smb://mediadatorn/torrents/Film/10.000.BC.CUSTOM.SWESUB.R5.LiNE.DVDR-DEVASTATiON/' due to no change
17:35:34 M: 41361408   DEBUG: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::DoScan Skipping dir 'smb://mediadatorn/torrents/Film/21 (2008)/' due to no change

and you have a problem with your database file:

Code:
17:36:34 M: 38191104   ERROR: SQLite: The database disk image is malformed

I suggest you rename userdata/database/myvideos#.db and start over from scratch. that'll also fix the "no change in content" problem.

(i merged the two threads together.)
For a crackhead developer, you are pretty sharp! =)

Thank you very much, it all works fine now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setting content type for folders (imdb)0