Linux Question about adding a -l switch to kodi when starting
From out help output, appending a  `-l` switch seems to allow one to redefine the LircDevice.  Does omitting the switch entirely, mean that the default value of /run/lirc/lircd is assumed?  I find that starting kodi with or without this line still gives a functional lirc device.

Code:
% kodi --help
-l or --lircdev    LircDevice to use default is /run/lirc/lircd
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
output is outdated. see lirc documentation how to override standard device
I was asking since some systemd service units are shipping with that appended to their execute lines.  I think it is unneeded but wanted confirmation.  For example:
Code:
ExecStart = /usr/bin/kodi-standalone -l /run/lirc/lircd
(2018-07-01, 19:50)graysky Wrote: I was asking since some systemd service units are shipping with that appended to their execute lines.  I think it is unneeded but wanted confirmation.  For example:
Code:
ExecStart = /usr/bin/kodi-standalone -l /run/lirc/lircd
 Are we shipping them? That needs to be resolved.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch - No, this is shipped on Arch ARM provided by Arch ARM.  I don't believe the -l /run/lirc/lircd is needed.  Am I correct?
It's removed for v18. It was valid for v17. for current master and upcoming v18 use LIRC export as they write in their documentation
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
OK..  on the distro, the default for the lirc package is /run/lirc/lircd
distros that change the default socket path (/var/run/lirc/lircd) are required to set the environment variable LIRC_SOCKET_PATH

http://www.lirc.org/html/lirc_client.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about adding a -l switch to kodi when starting0