Video problem
I'm noticing that some xvid/divx videos will start and just display a green screen with sound properly playing. At that point, if I stop the video then restart it it plays properly. My platform is a Intel Mac mini, running Kubuntu 8.04
Confirmed by me. It's a rather new error and I have no clue why it's happening.

Hopefully it will be fixed sooner or later Smile

Btw I have tried this o gutsy and there is where I get my problem. so it's not hardy only.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks for the confirmation Topsfs2. For me it's not fatal, I've yet to see where a restart does not fix it.
Same problem here (Intel card). Problem does not occur with my other computer (NVidia with closed sources).
It only occurs for me on my Geforce FX5600, not my 8800. But it's rather seldom it appears for me though.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:It only occurs for me on my Geforce FX5600, not my 8800. But it's rather seldom it appears for me though.

It's still happening for me, quite frequently. The problem is totally reproducible too. For example, "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" _always_ starts with a green screen...stop the movie, then restart it and it's good for the rest of that Xbmc session. Exit Xbmc, restart, then choose the movie, the green screen is back.

It does not occur with the current OS X build on the same hardware, if that's of any help.
can you confirm that cycling the interlaced mode fixes the issue for you?
It used to happen for me a lot as well but I havn't seen it at all recently
And yes spiff restarting the video would fix it everytime for me back when it did it lots
what i mean is to NOT restart the video, but simply cycle through the interlacing modes from the osd. i'm seeing it in current revisions but cycling fixes it
spiff Wrote:what i mean is to NOT restart the video, but simply cycle through the interlacing modes from the osd. i'm seeing it in current revisions but cycling fixes it

Yes, that does fix it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video problem0