LIRC sequence
Hi,
I just compiled XBMC on opensuse and it's sweet! I can now ditch my old Xbox Smile I only have one problem: I use a remote that generates a sequence of buttons for one press, because it's actually detected as an HID device. For example, PLAY produces three buttons (LEFTCTRL, LEFTSHIFT and P). With .lircrc file, that's not a problem since I can enter multiple "button" directives and it works. However, XBMC bypasses that file. I was wondering if it's possible to do the same with XBMC?
Thanks.
Since I got no replies yet, I'm posting a workaround I use in case someone else has the same problem. What I ended up doing is configuring irxevent to send keyboard shortcuts to xbmc when it detects the lirc sequence. All this is configured in the .lircrc file. The downside is that I have to have irxevent running. I'm still hoping for a much more elegant way (ie having native support in xbmc for sequences) as this is an ugly hack, at best!
please, can you give me more details about this solution? I have a similar problem with my remote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=388...stcount=13
Wow, that is an old thread, you are lucky I'm subscribed to the thread Smile
What you have to do is create a .lircrc in your home directory and then have entries like that:

begin
prog = irxevent
button = LEFTCTRL
button = P
config = Key space xbmc.bin
end

Make sure that both irexec and irxevent are running and on the same diplay. My script to start xbmc looks like this:
DISPLAY=":0.1" xbmc -q &
DISPLAY=":0.1" irexec &
DISPLAY=":0.1" irxevent &

I hope that helps.
And how do you configure lirc to use the USB keyboard device?
I have a remote I got from dealextreme. Basically, it behaves just like a keyboard.
First, I have a rule in udev to make the symbolic link:
KERNEL=="event[0-9]*" SYSFS{idVendor}=="04b4", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0100", SYMLINK="input/remote"

Then in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf, make the following changes:
REMOTE_DRIVER="dev/input"
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/input/remote"
START_LIRCD="true"

Finally, you need to copy paste the file http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/linux-inpu...lircd.conf in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

That shoudl do it.
looks like im getting somewhere, as i also have a cheapo remote frome dealextreme too ( http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27596 ) and after getting nothing from irw and pressing the buttons, the code being typed in terminal was stuff like ^[[C which was the same when i press the left arrow on the attached keyboard.

sorry to be such a linux noob, but can u explain what u mean by

First, I have a rule in udev to make the symbolic link:
KERNEL=="event[0-9]*" SYSFS{idVendor}=="04b4", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0100", SYMLINK="input/remote"

thats the only bit i don't get sorry.

once i get this done i think i'll be able to get ir commands that emulate press of the c, s and i keys!

oh and should i have 'remote control sends keyboard presses' enabled?

ta

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIRC sequence2