• 4(current)
Android Audio Passthrough gone after Shield Sleep.
(2018-07-15, 21:20)bokkoman Wrote:
(2018-07-15, 21:17)peak3d Wrote: @bokkoman 

can you pls. provide a debug log with your stretch issue?
And some secondes from your "black panther " stream?
Already posted, check latest log. 
Log yes, but stream sample?
(2018-07-16, 14:51)peak3d Wrote:
(2018-07-15, 21:20)bokkoman Wrote:
(2018-07-15, 21:17)peak3d Wrote: @bokkoman 

can you pls. provide a debug log with your stretch issue?
And some secondes from your "black panther " stream?
Already posted, check latest log. 
Log yes, but stream sample?

How would i do that?
cat [video_file] | head -c 20M > [20mb sample]

The filenames in [] brackets must be adjusted.
This command cuts out the first 20MB from your file, pls. dropbox or whatever it and provide the link.

You can provide the link via PM in this forum if you don't like to provide it public.
I can reproduce the issue with the renderkodiclock build which also has this patch applied. Just play something with real 2.35:1 aspect ratio. I have a short sample here.
thx @CiNcH
pushed corrected version, thx for reporting the issue!
(2018-07-16, 15:07)peak3d Wrote: cat [video_file] | head -c 20M > [20mb sample]

The filenames in [] brackets must be adjusted.
This command cuts out the first 20MB from your file, pls. dropbox or whatever it and provide the link.

You can provide the link via PM in this forum if you don't like to provide it public.

I would not know how to do that on a shield. But like the other guy said, the 2.35 aspect ratio videos are all affected. He posted a sample.
(2018-07-16, 17:37)bokkoman Wrote: I would not know how to do that on a shield. But like the other guy said, the 2.35 aspect ratio videos are all affected. He posted a sample. 

Its already fixed in my PR
(2018-07-16, 17:40)peak3d Wrote:
(2018-07-16, 17:37)bokkoman Wrote: I would not know how to do that on a shield. But like the other guy said, the 2.35 aspect ratio videos are all affected. He posted a sample. 

Its already fixed in my PR 
 It is great to see that some Android bugs are getting addressed and fixed - thank you!! Does this mean there is now a "maintainer" for the Android work on Kodi? I have three Android related bugs I've been asking and posting about since January 2018 which have not been addressed or responded to. I also opened up 3 formal cases for these in Kodi TRAC, issues #17923, #17925 and #17926 here:
  https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17923
  https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17925
  https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17926

I opened those about two months ago. Any idea on when they may get addressed or who's attention I could bring this to? I was hoping that over time it would at least just get sorted out from other fixes along the way, but I have been testing v18 nightlies for months and these issues all still persist.

Any help you guys can provide either on getting it fixed or how to get the right people's attention on it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.
(2018-07-28, 20:20)kaybird Wrote: Does this mean there is now a "maintainer" for the Android work on Kodi?  

No, no one has taken up the mantle of maintainer. That being said, there is still work being done on the Android side of things, but we currently have very, very few devs with any interest in working on Android so any specific bugs or features will be slow to be fixed or added.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm having this problem. Did this ever get looked at?
I'm experiencing this issue with nexus stable on two seperate avr's using the shield. Can someone look into this please?
(2023-01-28, 16:37)ghost_itm Wrote: I'm experiencing this issue with nexus stable on two seperate avr's using the shield. Can someone look into this please?
if by "this" you mean this single post in response to a thread that died 2018-07-29 before nexus was even available then i just did and you provided no information to conclude it is even related
instead of a vague "me too" necro post how about a nice debug log so people can actually see what you are talking about
settle down mate. just letting people know its still a problem. I was referring to the title of the thread. maybe if i get some time and notice it happen again ill upload a debug. probably a sleep problem built in to android anyway. I recently downgraded to 8.2.3 because of permission issues on the latest android version and have noticed it doesn't happen as frequently.
Yeah ... so ... what I basically said, but even worse - through to not hotplug detection at all, you even end up without video.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Passthrough gone after Shield Sleep.0