Listing TV Shows by Date / Episode number
Hi Guys,

Wondered if any of you had run into the same problem as me, I cant seem to get a list of TV episodes to list by air date / episode number.

Using the context menu I can choose display settings->sort by: date but that doesnt seem to do anything and my shows are still listed alphabetically.

Does or can OSXBMC use:

- the number in the file name, e.g Lost.S04.E06.mkv
- the date created of the actual file
- scrape the air date from the net using the episode title ?

I am using the xTV skin, and the latest release

I guess a workaround would be to go in and rename all my shows: '01_Lost.S04.E01.mkv, 02_Lost.S04.E02.mkv'

Thanks in advance
Are you in Library mode?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm pretty sure its in library mode - I add the source, set the content and leave it to do its thing. When it has finished scraping all the data I use the TV shows button on the main menu in xTV, this brings up a list of all the different shows, and under each it has 'Season 1, Season 2 etc'. Clicking on these brings up a list of the episodes for that season in alphabetical order.
Can' speak for X-TV or OSX in general but this is the default sort order for XBOX / PMIII.
Can you try with PMIII?

Also I presume
Lost.S04.E01.mkv
Lost.S04.E06.mkv
Is listed correctly?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Thanks for the reply - I will have a go with PMIII when I get back from work later and let you know
You should be able to simply change the sort order in xTV - I think you press left or right from the listing.

Had another look last night, and the problem seems to have gone. Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Listing TV Shows by Date / Episode number0