Font scaling for 480p and 1080i modes
I've posted about this in some of the skin threads, but it seems more fitting to request it as an overall XBMC update. Right now when skins are designed for 720p mode, the graphics work perfectly for 480p and 1080p modes. The only issue is that the font sizes aren't scaled the same way.

There are many of us with older HDTV's that can't handle a 720p signal (they can actually damage the TV). We're forced to run in 480p or 1080i modes, which throws off the skins due to the font sizes. In many cases we're just forced to use PMIII and mods of it.

So, my suggestion is this: allow font sizes in 720p skins to automatically scale down by 66% for 480p output and scale up by 66% for 1080p output. This would allow the skinners to focus on only 720p (which most are doing now anyway), but have their skin automatically work for all widescreen formats. The textures appear to be scaling properly already, so the fonts are the only issue.

Thanks for your consideration. Smile
I replied in the vision2 thread that it does indeed do this allready AEON is just programmed differently than it probably should
If you really want to test it go download my Basics-101 skin Its 720p only and try it out
http://blackmarket.ictcsc.net/files/skins
That's handy. Smile I'll be testing more skins now to see if they'll work for me. Thanks. Smile
The reason it dosn't work in AEON is because all of the actual files he used were mostly in the 4x3 and 16x9 folders and he had the font.xml file in the 720p dir and never bothered with the once in the low rez dir
If he had made the whole skin in the 4x3 and 16x9 dirs including font.xml xbmc would of auto scaled it up to 720p

Same as my Basics-101 skin everything is in 720p dir so xbmc knows to use that font.xml because I set 720p folder as the default 16x9 folder and auto scale it back down to any resolution lower.

Don't know if that made sense or not but in conlusion
AEON designed for 720p originally but spread out over 3 different resolution dirs (PAL ,PAL16x9 ,720p). If it had all been in 1 dir xbmc would scale proper
So the solution would be to move his 720p stuff to the 16x9 folder and adjust the fonts.xml until it looked right? Or just set the 720p dir as default? I'll have to try those. Thanks for the info. Smile
The solution is what you have done make the 16x9 one look right then delete the 720p and 1080i if it has it one

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Font scaling for 480p and 1080i modes0