Broken MSNBC
(2018-08-16, 21:42)Red_Tanager Wrote: Sorry, newb here - how to I access your repo and install this through KODi?
 Click "BETA" in my forum signature and follow directions here https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_ad..._zip_files
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Red_Tanager

Please stop posting those stupid links and familiarise yourself with the forum rules. Your posts are being removed for breaching the Forum Rules

If you did follow those instructions, you are not eligible for support here as your system is now infested with banned add-ons.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Red_Tanager welcome to my ignore list... Newbie or not you were prompted during registration to read the forum rules; Its a slap to my face, coming here asking for my help then referencing malware pushing shysters like TVA.
Ah, ok, sorry - entirely my mistake. I'll go away now.
I enabled debugging in the system, and the plugin. I don't know how long I was supposed to allow it to run. I let it run less than 30 seconds.

https://pastebin.com/EiM9zRrg

Now when I try to run the plugin on the RPi I get nothing. It appears to launch- but it remains stuck at the menu. However, it displays a counter at the bottom as if it were playing, and the counter is running. Yet there is no audio nor video, it just remains stuck on the menu page.

Hope this sheds some light. If you need me to run it longer and do it again let me know. Thanks for your help.
This doesn't sound like an issue with the plugin... rather an issue with your hardware/setup...
(2018-08-20, 17:05)Lunatixz Wrote: This doesn't sound like an issue with the plugin... rather an issue with your hardware/setup...
That could well be true. It's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility.
However, if you can offer any advice on how to solve it I would appreciate it.
Looking at that log and trying to make any kind of sense out of it is waaaaay beyond my pay grade... lol
Thanks for your input!
The only thing I can think of; make sure rtmp and inputstream is enabled under myaddons/all/inputstream. I hope that helps.

Debugging can be involved and time consuming... As long as the plugin passes a playable link to Kodi; my involvement has concluded Smile
(2018-08-20, 21:47)Lunatixz Wrote: The only thing I can think of; make sure rtmp and inputstream is enabled under myaddons/all/inputstream. I hope that helps.

Debugging can be involved and time consuming... As long as the plugin passes a playable link to Kodi; my involvement has concluded Smile
rtmp and inputstream are enabled. However- I just double checked their settings. On the InputStream plugin, I had Stream Selection set to Manual. I just changed it to Auto to see what would happen. The video played. All other settings at default.
It still is hit and miss whether it keeps playing for more than a few minutes at a time but at least I have something now.
I understand how much work this is for you, with not much reward. So I do appreciate the time you have taken to help me out.
And it is playing right now- so that's progress. Thanks! :-)
(2018-08-20, 23:44)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2018-08-20, 21:47)Lunatixz Wrote: The only thing I can think of; make sure rtmp and inputstream is enabled under myaddons/all/inputstream. I hope that helps.

rtmp and inputstream are enabled. However- I just double checked their settings. On the InputStream plugin, I had Stream Selection set to Manual. I just changed it to Auto to see what would happen. The video played. All other settings at default.
It still is hit and miss whether it keeps playing for more than a few minutes at a time but at least I have something now.
I understand how much work this is for you, with not much reward. So I do appreciate the time you have taken to help me out.
Spoke too soon... played for a few minutes, stopped. Then when I tried to restart the stream it went back to the menu with the running counter at the bottom.
Oh well. Maybe it's a LibreElec thing. I'll try it again in the future and maybe the issues will resolve themselves.
Thank you for your input though. :-)
(2018-08-21, 00:10)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2018-08-20, 23:44)mrsfixit Wrote:

Spoke too soon... played for a few minutes, stopped. Then when I tried to restart the stream it went back to the menu with the running counter at the bottom.
Oh well. Maybe it's a LibreElec thing. I'll try it again in the future and maybe the issues will resolve themselves.
Thank you for your input though. :-) 
And I tinkered with more of the InputStream settings and now it's working again...
Jeez, this stuff could drive you crazy.
Now I understand why you have the nickname you do... LOL
Hi:

Since Yesterday the MSNBC stream has started failing to start.

This time Is it just me or is anyone else have trouble with this MSNBC stream

Appreciated any feedback as this is a (wife wants it NOW) kinda of thing.
(2018-09-15, 05:39)Bacdoorman Wrote: Hi:

Since Yesterday the MSNBC stream has started failing to start.

This time Is it just me or is anyone else have trouble with this MSNBC stream

Appreciated any feedback as this is a (wife wants it NOW) kinda of thing.
I've been having issues with this one for a while. It's been working intermittently, but is not working at all now on the Raspberry Pi or on my Android tablet.

Sometimes- at least on my Raspberry Pi- I find that disabling hardware encoding in System/Player gets it to work. Other times I go into the configuration of the plugin itself and just change something- like the resolution, and that works. Sometimes restarting helps. It's hit and miss at the best of times.

But now it isn't working at all for me either. I'm thinking it may be on their end with so many people trying to watch storm coverage...
Hi. I was the original requester for a MSNBC addon. It was working fine up to last week but has now stopped. I would like to ask to get the problem fixed. My wife really appreciates the addon and I would like to keep her happy. Thanks.
Would some please fix this addon.

It's frustrating not to get a reply. Is there a problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MSNBC0