How to add source to network drive?
Alrighty, I've been searching around, and trying to figure it out myself, but I have not been successful yet in adding a network share as source for my pictures. Here is what I'd like to accomplish:

- My Mac Mini with XBMC is downstairs in the living room, connected wirelessly to the router which is upstairs.

- My desktop is upstairs, running Leopard, and I have an external hard drive attached to it with my pictures on it. The desktop is wired to the router.

- I'd like to add a source on my Mini's XBMC that points to that Picture folder on my external drive upstairs.

NOTE: Leopard on my desktop upstairs can see the Mini and I can drag and drop files between the 2 computers.

What's the best way to add that networked drive as a source?

I'm sure I'm just missing one little step that is ruining the whole procedure, so if someone could put step-by-step that'd be great.

Thanks!
On the desktop, enable File Sharing, either through AFP or SMB for the location where the external drive is mounted. Then on the Mini, in finder (use screen sharing if you don't have keyboard an mouse on it) mount the share from the desktop. It will be mounted at /Volumes/*share name*. Then just create a source with that path and you should be all set.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add source to network drive?0