Linux rescaling and the 720p, 1080i folders
I knew this issue was going to come to a head at some point, and lo, it has. In order to get around the issue of texture size limits for Intel GMA chipsets, I've had to split my main media panel into two separate textures, arranged side-by-side in a group. The group animates in the same manner as the old single texture, of course, so theoretically you shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Except you can when running any resolution other than the 720p in which the skin's coded. When you run at, say, 1080i, which is the native resolution of my HDTV, there's a pixel-wide gap running down between the two textures, which obviously looks bloody awful. Assuming this is because the automatic scaling isn't precise enough, I need to find a way of dictating the exact skin dimensions at 1080i and, potentially, 1080p.

I've tried putting the correct 1080i dimensions into the 1080i folder but, in what seems to be a nagging issue with this new resizing method, XBMC is still using the 720p folder. Are there plans to get it to recognise the 1080i folder any time soon? Even better, can we expect to see a 1080p folder?
1080i folder should be used, but perhaps on linux it is not. I believe it depends on the exact dimensions.

Other than that, I suggest you overlap them a pixel or two to avoid the issue (assuming it's not transparent).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:(assuming it's not transparent).

And therein lies the problem.
Why does it have to be so wide (btw: how wide is it?)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Really wide. Like over 3000pixels wide. The core of my skin's media views is a giant panel that slides left and right to accommodate everything, from context menus to movie information.
Perhaps the splits could be made so that the split is offscreen, thus you'll only be able to see the split during a slide anim (which will mask any inexactness?)

I tried this the other day to no avail. Unfortunately. the first opportunity to create an unseen gap comes at around 2400 pixels in (in 720p), which for a texture drawn at 1080p is even farther over the 2048px threshold.

If the 1080i folder isn't recognised for the fullscreen 1080i mode in Linux, how much trouble would it be to change that?
It should be chosen for the fullscreen mode in linux.

To be honest, though, you shouldn't technically have issues with rounding between these two resolutions, as any computation done on one vertex should apply equally the same to the other vertex, as they are one and the same point. Does the issue exhibit itself on win32 (directx) or xbox, i.e. could it be a problem with the GL rendering?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux rescaling and the 720p, 1080i folders0