Bit-perfect audio-output from XBMC for Mac OS X?
Question 
does osxbmc give out a bitperfect stream to the digital out!?

what audiosettings should i have to get the best performance?

thanks.
Set your Audio settings to Digital out and it will passthrough AC3/DTS sound to your receiver. Some older receivers have problems with this and a total re-do of the digital out code is in the works.
Actually don't think the osx port does that yet. Linux does.

I could be wrong, as i've not followed the changes in audio output on osx lately.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i am asking about wav/flac files. does osxbmc give out an "unchanged" pcm stream to the digital output!?
Yes.
Doubt that. It probably passes through a mixer in OSX (if it was bitexact, ac3/dts would have worked just fine).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i stand corrected. it seems osx does support ac3/dts passthrough.

elupus Wrote:i stand corrected. it seems osx does support ac3/dts passthrough.

hi there. thanks for your answers. i know that osx itself is bitperfect outofthebox. but i wonder if osxbmc gives out a bitperfect stream.
Os x passes the stream unchanged and osxbmc also. If that were not the case the decoder in your receiver would produce nothing but noise. This is because osx can't mix or alter a DTS or AC3 stream in a use full way. Also when using optical output you can not change any volume level at all. And sins my receiver switches correctly to the stream present and gives a clean 5.1 signal (Mac Mini here) it seems obvious to me that there must be a different problem when this is not working. Maybe you installed a plug in or so.
flinstone Wrote:Os x passes the stream unchanged and osxbmc also. If that were not the case the decoder in your receiver would produce nothing but noise. This is because osx can't mix or alter a DTS or AC3 stream in a use full way. Also when using optical output you can not change any volume level at all. And sins my receiver switches correctly to the stream present and gives a clean 5.1 signal (Mac Mini here) it seems obvious to me that there must be a different problem when this is not working. Maybe you installed a plug in or so.

thanks for replying. everything is working fine. i was just asking out of intrestSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bit-perfect audio-output from XBMC for Mac OS X?0