"Library Mode" Questions
Hiyas:

I just figured out how to enable Library Mode and that's cool...but it's changed the way I navigate.

Previously, I had Home Screen set to Movies so as soon as I launched XBMC I got the screen showing all movies in Cover Flow.

Now, with Library Mode enabled, when I launch XBMC it goes to the "Add Source" window, which I then have to select which source, then select "title" and then the movies show up.

Also, after I quit XBMC and restart it, I'm not in Library Mode any more.

This has to be sister-proof. Is there a way to a) set XBMC to always be in Library Mode, and b) set XBMC while in Library Mode to again start with the Movies displayed instead of having to navigate to it?

Thanks!

Eq
Which skin are you using? It is up to the skin to provide the allowed start windows, and there may be an error in the one it's applying.

With that said, if you wish to avoid the "root" of library mode (i.e. with tvshows, movies, recently added, playlists and so on) then you can simply contextmenu on the "Movies" and set that as the default. You can also avoid the Movie level submenu if you like and go straight to titles by enabling the "Flatten" button on the left (in PM3 at least)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi there -

Using the xTV skin. I forgot about the default option in the context menu. I'll also try "flatten".

If I quit in Library Mode is it supposed to restart in Library Mode?
Ok, xTV doesn't specify the start window options, so it *should* be working just fine. i.e. it should default to the video window, using the last viewmode (library or files) that you were in.

It works fine in PM3, and I don't see why it shouldn't work in xTV - I'll take a quick look.

Edit: Works fine for me. I set start window to Videos, and made sure I was in Library mode. I restart, and sure enough the video library pops up, giving me the TV Shows, Movies, Recently added, Playlists and so on.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Where are you setting Library mode while in xTV?
I went to Movies, pressed left to get to the view options, and pressed Library Mode.

It looks as if xTV auto-links the "Movies" on the home screen to files (unless you switch it in skin settings). This should make no difference with the startup screen however, as you are simply telling it to go where you last were.

jmarshall Wrote:Edit: Works fine for me. I set start window to Videos, and made sure I was in Library mode. I restart, and sure enough the video library pops up, giving me the TV Shows, Movies, Recently added, Playlists and so on.

Cheers,
Jonathan

OK I've got it into Library Mode and when I restart I get the video library. However I don't get TV Shows, even though I have TV shows in there. I'm not sure why it's displaying neither the TV Shows option in the Startup list, or the TV Shows themselves anywhere, even though I added that folder as a source.

Thanks for all your help.
Did you set the content of the TV folder to TV Shows and point the scraper to a site like thetvdb?
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
OK that fixed it. I thought I had done that but I guess not. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Library Mode" Questions0