Another Apple Remote Prob
Hey everyone.

Searched for the past few days to no avail trying to solve my remote problem.

I'm running 0.5.0b2 on a 24" Aluminum iMac.

Installed XBMC and noticed the remote was not working from the start. Went into settings and saw I had to completely remove some Remote Buddy files. As I never use Remote Buddy, it was no problem. I uninstalled the program and went to their site and found all the files needed to remove for a complete uninstall. It was successful because I could now activate my Apple Remote under XBMC.

So I activated it under Standard settings. Still not working. Killed XBMCHelper, still nothing. Got rid of the preferences folder, still nothing. Uninstalled XBMC, then reinstalled 0.5.0b2 again, and still nothing.

Killed XBMCHelper, opened terminal and ran a verbose command:
./XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/XBMCHelper --verbose

Get this:
XBOX360: Registering for notifications.
WARNING: No Apple Remote hardware found.

The remote works and controls the computer, volume, front row, etc. It is also paired with the computer, and I unpaired it and paired it again a few times just to see if it was the remote. Also tried a different Apple Remote. Nothing.

I'm lost now. Nothing sticks out and there isn't anything showing up on console that is out of the ordinary or even happens when I attempt to use the remote. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Try using the remote unpaired. Also try creating a new user and using XBMC under that user and see if you can get remote support.
For some reason after going under a new user, the remote works now.

Found another issue I'll address in another thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another Apple Remote Prob0