Video Playing Fast without Audio
As highlighted in the title, some of my videos play too fast without any type of audio coming out of them.

I saw a thread about this under search but it was under the Linux port:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...aying+fast

It's a .mkv file of Transformers, h264 video.

Video works fine in VLC. I have several movies encoded in the same type and they all do this on XBMC as well.

Here's the console log errors:
http://pastebin.com/f39fbc125

Thanks again for all the help.
i have the same problem with a .mkv file that contents flac audio.
I just confirmed that the video is in fact h264 mpeg4 and the audio stream is AAC.
don't cut logs..
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:don't cut logs..

The reason I did that is because my log was pages and pages long, of content not having anything to do with XBMC. I found in the log when I started XBMC and the log was normal, opened Transformers and copied and pasted that part. Closed XBMC and that's all that was relevant in the log.
letoutpuissant Wrote:I just confirmed that the video is in fact h264 mpeg4 and the audio stream is AAC.

AAC 5.1 isn't working yet - and when audio doesn't work then video frame rate goes crazy.

Your options are either to transcode to something else or wait until AAC 5.1 is working (which is scheduled for version 0.6).
hippojay Wrote:AAC 5.1 isn't working yet - and when audio doesn't work then video frame rate goes crazy.

Your options are either to transcode to something else or wait until AAC 5.1 is working (which is scheduled for version 0.6).

Dangit. That stinks. Hopefully that comes out soon. There is no way in heck I am transcoding all those movies. Haha over 500+ now all in HD, that'd take WAY too long. At least we've pinpointed the problem though. Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Playing Fast without Audio0