• 5(current)
Dolby digital plus and TrueHD no passthrough on Nvidia Shield TV
Nothing.

It's like tuning the amount of water in your bathroom, while checking if wireless LAN is going faster.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch Can you please provide a link to the forceraw veriosn? The one form #16 is no longer available. Thanks!
Rebuilding as we speak. Will land on the mirror after it is done, for both 64 and ARM.

Build: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Automation/...hoice/205/

Result: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch Thank you, I'm trying to pass JOC metadata to my receiver to get Atmos working. Will report tomorrow if its working for me.
You will need mrmc's new lab edition :-) davilla implemented it and got it working. But not sure for Android yet.
@fritsch I can confirm that forced raw version is working with Atmos on Nvidia Shield with Netflix plugin (also local files). Thanks! I understand that this is not a solution but a missing support for JOC metadata in ICE packer build in Kodi.
kodi's IEC Packer also correctly transmits Atmos.

Edit: Yeah, not for Dolby. You are right.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback.
just only for information, the shield does not decode dd+ or dts or truehd etc, the shield can only bitstream to an AVR that has support for that. nvidia has not payed for dolby licenses so there must be an AVR or TV that has support to decode it.
(2019-01-19, 05:36)m2k1980 Wrote: just only for information, the shield does not decode dd+ or dts or truehd etc, the shield can only bitstream to an AVR that has support for that. nvidia has not payed for dolby licenses so there must be an AVR or TV that has support to decode it.

Really? So what happens if I disable pass-through?
Because I still have sound in that case with AC3 eac3 dts, etc
if you disable passthrough, kodi converts all audio to pcm or multi pcm
(2019-01-27, 23:35)m2k1980 Wrote: if you disable passthrough, kodi converts all audio to pcm or multi pcm

It converts, so it decodes the stream no? So what's the difference

And the truehd and eac3 passthrough is broken again in kodi 18 with shield tv
(2019-01-28, 00:17)Floyds4thPig Wrote:
(2019-01-27, 23:35)m2k1980 Wrote: if you disable passthrough, kodi converts all audio to pcm or multi pcm

It converts, so it decodes the stream no? So what's the difference

And the truehd and eac3 passthrough is broken again in kodi 18 with shield tv 
 Don't assume your experience is valid for _everyone_ eac3 and truehd might not work for you - while it works perfectly fine for the a whole lot of others ... fix your setup.
My 2 cents...just picked up a Shield. Running Kodi with the Plex add-on, and it is passing through everything to my Soundbar (including TrueHD and Atmos) through my TV's eARC. I could not get this to work properly without the Shield though -- on just my TV I could not get Kodi to passthrough atmos to my soundbar.

So, Kodi passthrough on the Shield is working perfectly for me.

My setup:
  • Sony A9F 65" OLED (with eARC)
  • Sony HT-Z9F Soundbar 3.1 
  • Nvidia Shield running Kodi 18 RC5 and Plex add-on
(2019-01-15, 20:20)fritsch Wrote: Rebuilding as we speak. Will land on the mirror after it is done, for both 64 and ARM.

Build: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Automation/...hoice/205/

Result: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/

Works perfect with Netflix addon. Can you build the stable Leia version?

Thanks!
(2019-01-28, 16:25)Smeezie Wrote: My 2 cents...just picked up a Shield. Running Kodi with the Plex add-on, and it is passing through everything to my Soundbar (including TrueHD and Atmos) through my TV's eARC. I could not get this to work properly without the Shield though -- on just my TV I could not get Kodi to passthrough atmos to my soundbar.

So, Kodi passthrough on the Shield is working perfectly for me.

My setup:
  • Sony A9F 65" OLED (with eARC)
  • Sony HT-Z9F Soundbar 3.1 
  • Nvidia Shield running Kodi 18 RC5 and Plex add-on

Can you please elaborate on what your Audio setup looks like in Shield and Kodi?  I'm new to both.  I'm only able to get PCM output of Kodi (although Netflix outputs Dolby Digital+ as expected).  I have pass through turned on in Kodi 18 and in expert mode have all audio codecs turned on because my Denon A/V receiver supports all of them but all I get out of the Kodi is PCM.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby digital plus and TrueHD no passthrough on Nvidia Shield TV0