[split] Installing Kodibuntu
hello, sorry for necro...
I got a same issue with installing Kodibuntu 14 on Intel NUC 7i5BNH.
I created a bootable USB flash drive, and after I selected "Install Kodi", got message "could not start boot splash: cannot access needed library".
On older computers there were no similar problems.
Help please.
Posting in such old threads is not helpful. Just create your own thread.
I have split your post into a new thread now.

Installing KodiBuntu 14 onto a 2017 device is likely to give you troubles in hardware support.
Why still use an outdated and no longer (officially) supported software solution?

It's best to install Kodi itself on Ubuntu 16.04.5 or 18.04.1 for proper hardware and video support. It will also create a Kodi login option.
(2018-09-13, 23:28)Pashtet Wrote: Help please.
I'd point you to this guide: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955 (and wish they'd sticky it!)

I was a former user of KodiBuntu but that guide is pretty much the deconstructed version of achieving the same thing.
Correct, actually I used Lubuntu 18.04.1 desktop as base, and used the vaapi Leia guide to set up Leia nightlies on it. A few adjustments here and there, so a little bit ubuntu knowledge might be required. For sure not as easy as Kodibuntu back then .... so I don't know if that's suited for users without linux knowledge.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Installing Kodibuntu0