• 5(current)
XBMC for Windows, rev 13239
I am a long time XBMC for XBOX user and just installed this on my Vista PC. Everything looks great except I get a white screen instead of video. Audio and everything else seems fine. Graphics are integrated Intel G33 updated with latest drivers.

Does anyone have any advice for me ?
Up and running-- my first install on a Windows platform (long time Xbox user).

Trouble is, video playback is messed up. The whole video plays in the upper left-hand corner, covering about 25% of the screen, and is also 'shadowed' to the whole screen. Check the screenshot. Ideas?

Happening on an ATI 2100HD integrated vid card, Catalyst 8.5 (tried earlier versions as well).
good work but still black screen playing video on my dell d820 laptop using intel video cards
Stability is much better in this build, good work guys.

Getting prety much flawless HD playback in 720P with all the files I've tested. Still getting some random lockups that require forced close of XBMC or in some cases a hard reset.

Also, when running Project M as vis, the visualisations only go down as far as the track banner. They just stop dead there, even after switching the banner off. Also had a couple of lockups when returning to main menu from fullscreen Project M.

Sorry, havn't pulled any logs, but will try to remember next time somthing iffy happens.

Test rig is ASUS P2-M2A690G Barebones (integrated ATI X1250) / X2 4800+ / 1GB PC6400 DC, connected via HDMI to 720P HD TV.
Most played tunes last week:
XBMC + lastfm = goodness :D
Just finally got around to installing this version. Completely uninstalled previous version and deleted the XBMC folder from the Documents and Settings\user\application data directory. So far it seems to work perfectly and the AC3 problem I was having with the center channel not playing appears to have dissappeared. I've tested it on several movies, even one I know for sure had the problem previously and the problem does not exist. Voices are loud and clear. Anyway, here are my specs if anybody cares.

Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H Ver1.0
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz
Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)
Window XP Pro SP3
Onboard Video NVIDIA GeForce 7100 (HDMI)
Onboard Realtek ALC889A High Definition Audio (over HDMI)
Onboard Ethernet RTL 8211B chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
SATA 120GB HD
SATA DVD+-RW
Microsoft MCE Remote and IR receiver

KeithBig Grin
Amphetamine Wrote:Also, when running Project M as vis, the visualisations only go down as far as the track banner. They just stop dead there, even after switching the banner off. Also had a couple of lockups when returning to main menu from fullscreen Project M.

This happens for me only with a few vis files. Anyhow you may want to test the new projectM in svn:
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*..._win32.vis
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanx but it didn't help. So am I the onlyone with this problem or whats up? What about the error message I get when I try to play it on a xbox? is it somewhat related to PC version crashing?

jconnor843 Wrote:Try this: I was having the same problem with video hanging (buffering) Installing this fixed all my video problems
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33606
Installed this over the weekend. outstanding work! I have the same problem when trying to launch videos (both standard definition avi and high definition mkv) as zeuss-axis.

I am using a GA-MA69GM-S2H motherboard (amd based), X2 6000+, 2GB, and using the onboard HDMI out ATI based gpu. Using the latest ATI catalyst drivers, hope this helps some!
for those with ati and corrupted display - please, PLEASE, PLEASE search this forum. Problems were reported brazillion times. There is also workaround.

Thanks
DP
Is it possible to get a version for Win Vista 32 without having all the program for making a own version?
Just download a .exe?
soder Wrote:Is it possible to get a version for Win Vista 32 without having all the program for making a own version?
Just download a .exe?

An .exe on it's own wont work, just download this installer.
This is the exact one I use for Vista Home.
Hitcher Wrote:An .exe on it's own wont work, just download this installer.
This is the exact one I use for Vista Home.

WHAT installer? Where's the link?
/Soder
soder Wrote:WHAT installer? Where's the link?
/Soder

Or is it the one from page1?

Is it the version that works with the latest Aeon?

/Soder
soder Wrote:Or is it the one from page1?

Is it the version that works with the latest Aeon?

/Soder

Link
Works Like a dream ! Thanks for the port, Ive been waiting for months for this. As a result, my Windows Mobile controller is now compatible with the PC version. The source can be found on SourceForge, search for XBMC-M.

Once again, thanks guys for porting this. Excellent Job !

cheers

Kev MooreNerd
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, rev 132390