• 7(current)
XBMC for Windows, rev 13239
@matzei:

you have a userdata folder problem. xbmc cant open or create the database files. if you look in the log, you'll see a bunch of errors like this:

Code:
18:29:38 T:772 M:1399291904   ERROR: unable to open database:C:\Documents and Settings\matías\Datos de programa\XBMC\UserData\Database\ViewModes.db (3)
18:29:38 T:772 M:1399291904   ERROR: Unable to open ViewModes.db (old version?)
#
18:29:38 T:772 M:1397936128   ERROR: unable to open database:C:\Documents and Settings\matías\Datos de programa\XBMC\UserData\Database\MyMusic7.db (3)
18:29:38 T:772 M:1397923840   ERROR: Unable to open MyMusic7.db (old version?)

Thus, anything that's reliant on the database wont work. whats causing your problem? i really have no idea. it could be a permissions problem. maybe its due to the spaces in the folder name? i don't know.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Just delete your userdata and try again. Not sure about the other error you have with reading jpegs from mp3 which should work with the recent imagelib
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
WiSo Wrote:Make sure you have working vis files in visualisation/projectM (should be there in the latest installer).
Tested the vis on my PC, Laptop and MBP/Vista and it worked fine.

mmh the current projectm.vis doesn't work with older builds. Anyhow this vis makes me crazy because it worked on my laptops but now crashes on my pc. damn it Huh
matzei Wrote:Maybe anybody has the same problem that I:
http://filebin.ca/tcqnrd/xbmc.log (or: http://pastebin.com/m6fa7e7b6)

I can play music and videos but when I scan any mp3 file, a progressbar is showed (in the top-left corner of the screen) and the Media Library is not updated.
I look into the "C:\Documents and Settings\matías\Datos de programa\XBMC\UserData\Database" directory but is empty (only has a subdirectory named "CDDB" that is empty).

Thanks (the XBMC is an excelent software)
fixed in svn rev 13535, the 'í' in your path was causing the problem.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
hi,
Thank you Team-XBMC Developer,

any one having problem playing RMVB file? when playback only audio no video.
Sorry no real media files can be played on any of the ports the xbox uses mplayer to play them and mplayer is not being ported. so unless the DVD Player core gets windows dll loading we are not going be able to play closed source codecs unless, they are reverse engineered. new closed sours audio video codecs seem to be breeding like rabbits grrrrrrrrr Angry
marlboroman1 Wrote:Sorry no real media files can be played on any of the ports the xbox uses mplayer to play them and mplayer is not being ported. so unless the DVD Player core gets windows dll loading we are not going be able to play closed source codecs unless, they are reverse engineered. new closed sours audio video codecs seem to be breeding like rabbits grrrrrrrrr Angry

hope 1 day we able to playback RMVB file..CoolBig Grin
Hey Devs,

Wanted to say I installed this version on a clean install of windows and all so far is up and running at 1080p on a sharp 52" lcd.

I did have the playlist plaback aborted problem I copied over the libcss file from the current tc3h build and that fixed that problem for ifo, vob playback in full screen.

I also copied my latest back up from my xbox Userdata folder infact I copied the whole folder over. It did not take my cover art for music (FLAC) so I just rescanned those to the library and it updated all my cover art. I also updated a ton of dvd's and had been a while since I updated my library so I had to just go through each one in file mode and make sure it was actually in there, so I went through all my movies movies and scanned imdb for about 20% of them with only one crash to where I had to restart XBMC.

I also copied over a couple of mkv 1080p hd-dvd files and set them up in the db with vsync turned on and playback in settings set to full 1920x1080 desktop - IT WAS AWESOME - no sync problems, no chop, no jitter it looks MMMMMarvelous.

Thanks guys, It took longer to update windows then it did to get XBMC up and running and populated to the point of playback and usability.

Regards,

Dave
Hey Wiso,

Are the FFmpeg dll's in this build or do they need to be added. I notice 100% usage on a C2d 8400 Wolfedale processor, NOW that is within XBMC from the system info page, not sure if that is the right place to look and the only issue that I have seen is trying to playback a straight .AVI file, it did not even cause any grief with the 1080p mkv file.

Rgds,

Dave
rodercot Wrote:I did have the playlist plaback aborted problem I copied over the libcss file from the current tc3h build and that fixed that problem for ifo, vob playback in full screen.

mmh, the xbox version has some xbox specific changes and didn't work for me. I think the dvd is also hard coded to d:\ which wouldn't matter if you're playing from hdd though.
rodercot Wrote:Are the FFmpeg dll's in this build or do they need to be added. I notice 100% usage on a C2d 8400 Wolfedale processor, NOW that is within XBMC from the system info page, e

This isn't working and you should have a look at the windows task manager to get the real load. The setup ships with the current ffmpeg libs during build time.
When the official version comes out, will i be able to access network folders through wifi or ethernet plug (LAN) connected to the router. Also how do you guys think it will compare to Vista Media Centre?
You can already access samba-, smb- and ftp shares with the current version.
Wiso,

Does xbmcmythtv work on the windows version or has anyone tried. and if so which backend can be used currently. I am not sure if the myth backend is ported to windows properly or if at all.

thx,

Dave
the myth connector is available in windows an should work afaik. Since I don't have a myth backend I can't test it.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, rev 132390