• 6(current)
XBMC for Windows, rev 13239
Thumbs Up 
thats the First time that I know XBMC is available for Windows, excellent work guys "I've been in a cave some where lol". I just tested rev13239 under Visat Ultimate and its Fab Laugh

but still dont know how to navigate with the mouse compared to my XBOX remote LOL.

Keepup the good work guys, Linux is foreign to me and I will ditch the 360 if this is gona work as good as on the XBOX1 as I have a Highend PC. Big Grin

good workWink I enjoyed playing with it on my PC for the first time Nod
Be nice if the windows version of XBMC can be configure to fire up external players. I love XBMC interface and can not get enough of it and whatever media player I comes across nothing comes as easy as XBMC.

I been playing with media portal and one thing I like about it, is the ability to fireup external player like KMPlayer and within KMPlayer I configure it to use CoreAVC as a codec for x264 files and VC1 and High definition format.

I played back 1080P file KMPlayer + CoreAVC only use up 30% of my CPU on AMD 4850e... be very nice if I can fire up KMplayer in XBMC if I have that option Big Grin
First ... this is incredible. I've never even considered building an HTPC to replace my trusty Xbox in my home theater rack until now. Thanks to everyone, once again, for a second great run at the XBMC experience.

Second -- and my apologies if I've missed something discussed elsewhere -- but on my Vista 32 system, my efforts to install new scripts using the XBMC Scripts plug in always crash during the installation process; that is, after the plug in reportedly has finished downloading and is installing to the system.

Is this implemented, or am I getting ahead of myself, a config problem on my system, or is it yet another Stupid Vista Trick?
Oops. I should have mentioned that I am running as an admin and I get the following info from Vista:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: XBMC.exe
Application Version: 2.1.0.0
Application Timestamp: 483b0882
Fault Module Name: XBMC.exe
Fault Module Version: 2.1.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 483b0882
Exception Offset: 003d8f17
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 523e
Additional Information 2: fce874fe5052f49ae12cdb70a725e399
Additional Information 3: 3559
Additional Information 4: 61d27ce135dc5d8d6306d22d61a690b6
What's the switch -p on xbmc.exe do? I know -fs is full screen . the reason I ask is you cant run it in windows mode with -p on and also with -p on I did an IMDB of around 100 titles and when I startup without -p switch the imdb information is no longer there.

I restart xbmc with -p and I can see the IMDB information again.
roeroe Wrote:What's the switch -p on xbmc.exe do?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...tories_.3F
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
roeroe Wrote:Be nice if the windows version of XBMC can be configure to fire up external players. I love XBMC interface and can not get enough of it and whatever media player I comes across nothing comes as easy as XBMC.

I second that suggestion. Would be even better to have it configurable by file type.. I've had tweaked playback of HD .ts files in mpc and would like to use that. same for a couple other file types... clicking a movie of that type (extension) would simply launch an external player. I guess someday this won't be needed anymore as xbmc internal playback of all media types will be perfect, but for now, especially HD material (h264 avc) doesn't work as smooth as it is with custom filter graphs.

otherwise the current build is great... watching apple trailers in HD is ver enjoyable and the XBMC GUI has been the best for a long time now ;)
Great job people, signed up to the forums to help out. and let u peeps know of some bugs....

XBMC freezes after i try importing music to my library and then crashes after i start up again it freezes again after clicking a title such as artists in my lib...

This is so much smoother then all the others MC's out there

Keep Up the good work and let me know if theres any way i can help out. Smile

Thanks
Dane.
There is probably an offending file that hangs up your scanning and the db gets corrupted resulting in a crash.
Turning on debug logging during a scan may help you find the offending file
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
This build works pretty well.

Network shares work fine, DVD player work except for a small problem I'll mention further down.

Music playback works great with thumbnails from remote shares. Smile

Video playback works great for what I have tried with it. Up to 720p x264 stuff.

Now, the problem. DVD's with PCM audio has audio playing with loads of noise. I can barely make out the soundtrack under the noise. This is with digital output enabled. Not sure if this has been a issue on earlier build since I had problems with DVD playback before so I never really tested it.
HTPC: ZBOX-ID41 running OpenElec with Logitech Harmony remote.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
TV: Samsung UE75ES9005
Current build works fine for me overall. One problem I noticed when streaming form a SMB share is that there maybe a problem with the buffering (?)

I see the buffering progress bar when playback starts, however any small glitch in the connection during playback and it stops/ends immediately (its WiFi). If I playback with KMPlayer such glitches are noticeable as short pauses (less then a second) & playback resumes.
WiSo Wrote:This happens for me only with a few vis files. Anyhow you may want to test the new projectM in svn:
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*..._win32.vis

Dropped it into the vis folder, but it's not working for me. Tabbing into fullscren vis just gives a blank screen and trying to select it manually via the fullscreen vis menu causes a crash.
Most played tunes last week:
XBMC + lastfm = goodness :D
Maybe anybody has the same problem that I:
http://filebin.ca/tcqnrd/xbmc.log (or: http://pastebin.com/m6fa7e7b6)

I can play music and videos but when I scan any mp3 file, a progressbar is showed (in the top-left corner of the screen) and the Media Library is not updated.
I look into the "C:\Documents and Settings\matías\Datos de programa\XBMC\UserData\Database" directory but is empty (only has a subdirectory named "CDDB" that is empty).

Thanks (the XBMC is an excelent software)
I been trying to add manually the art cover for my DVD collection, i manage with my music but it doesn't work the same way with my movies, any help will be great...

Thanks...
Amphetamine Wrote:Dropped it into the vis folder, but it's not working for me. Tabbing into fullscren vis just gives a blank screen and trying to select it manually via the fullscreen vis menu causes a crash.

Make sure you have working vis files in visualisation/projectM (should be there in the latest installer).
Tested the vis on my PC, Laptop and MBP/Vista and it worked fine.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, rev 132390