• 8(current)
XBMC for Windows, rev 13239
WiSo Wrote:the myth connector is available in windows an should work afaik. Since I don't have a myth backend I can't test it.

I read the unified backend and wiki and most of those links. Is there a link to a post to set it up, the front end at least. I have looked on Myth and did find one post but it seems to point to Linux more then windows, which would make sense.

rgds,

Dave
rodercot Wrote:I read the unified backend and wiki and most of those links. Is there a link to a post to set it up, the front end at least. I have looked on Myth and did find one post but it seems to point to Linux more then windows, which would make sense.

rgds,

Dave

After searching some more it looks like this can only be done through running a virtual machine inside windows with a linux distro on the vm. reading through the VM info I can find all the info on setting up and video card drivers etc, but nothing on actual tv tuner support within the vm.

rgds,

Dave
I`ve downloaded this svn : http://gueux-forum.net/index.php?showtop...try1339363 How do I install this?
Shame, it was so easy. Sorry for the previous post.
DVD playback. I popped in a couple movies last night, the first one played fine, menu selection etc.. after I dumped the windows auto-run feature.

The 2nd My moms new boyfriend loaded gave me menu selection which I chose english and no subs and then just hung after I select play movie. It did not hang XBMC but would just not play the movie.

I also noticed with AVI tv shows I can load a show it will play fine then I let it end and go back to the menu choose another episode and it will pop up a buffering window - video- no sound in the background and just stay there. I have to shutdown and reload xbmc via taskmanager. I tried to paste a log to pastebin but it was too large.

Regards,

Dave
I'm struggling to find where i can add source?? My brother has XBMC on his mac mini which has an 'Add source' button in the videos (music and photo's) screen. However mine doesn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
LanceUpperCut Wrote:I'm struggling to find where i can add source?? My brother has XBMC on his mac mini which has an 'Add source' button in the videos (music and photo's) screen. However mine doesn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

check you setup menu and see if add source button is turned off. I cannot remember which heading it is under. I just looked it is under appearance - view options. Make sure that the view source under file is not checked.

You are connected to the internet right? IE do you get RSS feeds across the main screen.

regards,

dave
I'm curious how often this installer is being compiled/released? Is this a recurring thing, or a 'once in a while' offering by someone volunteering the initiative? There was a post a while back mentioning that a certain bug had been fixed in a newer rev, but that rev has not been compiled (as far as I know) here. I understand I can download the source and compile it myself, but I'd hate to bother with that mess if it's released in an installer every so often...

As an extension of that thought, I'm confused about the various sources for this app; anyone care to straighten me out?
I'm also anxious for an updated binary. I use this release of XBMC almost daily and I still get random crashes (sometimes it goes hours without a crash, other times it crashes while looking up the info on a movie). I keep checking the forum for a new release, but no luck so far. Oh well, I'm sure someone will post one soon.
zeuss-axis Wrote:As an extension of that thought, I'm confused about the various sources for this app; anyone care to straighten me out?

To help tee it up a little bit for anyone who may want to explain the differences between all these:

T3CH Xbox Build
Binaries on this forum
SVN
Other?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, rev 132390