Cannot figure out how to use the IMDb features
Okay before i start let me please say I know I am an idiot. I have spent hours trying to figure out how to use the IMDb function for all my ripped movies. My setup

XBMC version 0.5.0b2 (687) with xTV skin. All movies on external server. Everything works great but for the life of me I can not get the IMDb to work. The wiki talks about the IMDb scraper and settings. I can not find this anywhere. Can someone please help.
Hi there,

You need to access the context menu, which is on the C button on the keyboard I believe. From there, you can Set Content on the folder that contains your movies and away you go, as specified in the online manual.

Cheers,
Jonathan

PS: I've edited your post title to be a little more informative to others - please try and state the title as accurately as possible as it helps others find help and help you Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the reply, and yes i know thats what it says in the wiki, but i can not get the c button to bring anything like that up. I will email you screen shots.
Post screenshots on one of the many free image providers such as imageshack.us
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

A couple of things:

1. Do you have the video library enabled under settings? (Settings->Video->Library)
2. Do you happen to be using the profile (multi-user) support, and if so, are you running as the master user?
3. Are you clicking on the actual source (not a dvd drive) in that second screenshot - I can't read it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Yes Library enabled
no multi user
and yes actual source.

Any ideas?

Please help
How about trying out with the PMIII and follow the wiki.
Once you get it working there you can try to figure out how to do it with other skins.
Im having the same problem, with the apple remote thanks to iordonez you can get a imdb with one of the buttons, but with the xbox360 remote y bring up the contextual menu and its gone, it was there in the previous release, i tested this on pmIII and xtv, i think they removed it from the contextual menu.
They may have done. We'd need another mac user to confirm.

I got the 0.5.0b2 with xTV skin too but I get acces to the scraping by pressing long press on play/pause of the directory.

Hope that helps
sorry i am lost what does "by pressing long press" mean

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot figure out how to use the IMDb features0