Automatically generate thumbs setting "bug"
I'm looking over this code and was going to bring it "inline" with the rest of the functionality, but wanted to run it by the group first since I'm a newbie. The setting that controls automatic generation of thumbnails does not seem to apply to mythtv sources. I was going to change that so that it is also controlled by that setting.

Thoughts/feelings?
ideally; go for it.

realistically; it was surely disabled for a reason. (i have a suspicion the reason is that auto thumb generation from sources using curl to read doesnt work). a fix for this would be most welcome
Ok, well I'll keep on the path I'm on then and see what I come up with.
Are you asking about thumbnails for pictures/images or thumbnails for videos?

Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Since it's a mythtv source I assumed the only thing you would have available is videos. At least that's all I have on mine. Smile So that's all I've been looking at. I actually made the change when I was home for lunch and it wasn't hard. There's just one place a check needs to be made to see if the value of myvideos.autothumb is true or false. I'll submit a patch later this afternoon. The creation of the mythtv thumbs seem to be handled in a different way in a different place than other thumbs. So I will additionally look at possibly making it more of a standard way across the board.
Great Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Well mythtv could be livetv too, and generate thumbs for that makes little sence. Also mythbackend generates thumbs for us when a program has finished recording, this thumb we already get. So I see little point in us generating thumbs for myth.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581840
Elupus, I posted a new patch for this issue. I think it is now the correct behavior. If for whatever reason the remote thumbnails aren't available, which seems to be the case for me, then we don't want XBMC generating them unless the user has requested them. So I moved the check for this to the generation part and allow the CURL process to happen if they exist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically generate thumbs setting "bug"0