Kodi either doesn't see my Flash Drive, or sees it incorrectly
Hello,  I am running Kodi on a Minix box.  I copy movies to a flash drive which I insert in the Minix to view movies.  Sometimes when I insert the USB, Kodi doesn't see it at all, other times if sees if fine.  Even more odd, if I remove the drive, add some additional movies to the drive, and insert it, the movie shows up twice, and instead of being 2GB, it says they are both 6GB, and if I click on either one, it might say "resume from 19:02", or attempt to view them, but when it seems double, it can't open either.

If I use the ES File Explorer, or the native file manager, I can see the USB every time, and can attempt to launch the media viewer, but I get video, no audio, but the point is, the OS sees the drive fine, all of the movies, and doesn't see erased movies or duplicates.

I have removed the flash drive, both with the Minix running and when it is turned off, doesn't consistently yield the same results.

How can I insure Kodi "finds" the USB drive and then properly reads the directory without doubling them or any other evil nuances?

Side issue, Kodi shows thumbs, no file names, how can I get file names?  I don't need the thumbs.

Thanks!
Which distro?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi either doesn't see my Flash Drive, or sees it incorrectly0