• 4(current)
[RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script
I've been using v3.2 of the script on Linux (Mythdora and Atlantis) with great results. Many thanks for an excellent script.

The only issue I had was the same as watty, where the buttons (search, feeds, etc) overlapped the thumbs and descriptions. This was fixed if the <width> and <height> tags in youtube.xml were placed with the individual button parameters, as they weren't inherited from the group.

I found that to get high quality I also needed to add fmt=18 to line 84 of youtube.py as:
self.stream_url = self.base_url + '/get_video?video_id=%s&t=%s&fmt=18'

This had the unexpected bonus of decreasing the buffering time.

Cheers.
dobbley,

I'm very glad you got it working on Linux. If you like, you can e-mail me your changes or provide them to me, I can add that to a new release and give you full credit. Up to you.

Thanks & Regards,
Boris

dobbley Wrote:I've been using v3.2 of the script on Linux (Mythdora and Atlantis) with great results. Many thanks for an excellent script.

The only issue I had was the same as watty, where the buttons (search, feeds, etc) overlapped the thumbs and descriptions. This was fixed if the <width> and <height> tags in youtube.xml were placed with the individual button parameters, as they weren't inherited from the group.

I found that to get high quality I also needed to add fmt=18 to line 84 of youtube.py as:
self.stream_url = self.base_url + '/get_video?video_id=%s&t=%s&fmt=18'

This had the unexpected bonus of decreasing the buffering time.

Cheers.
Question 
Can't get it to work on my xbox so far. I did a fresh install of xbmc today (latest t3ch build) and put the youtube script v3.2 on it. When running the script, however, I see the script's main screen for like half a second and then it just closes, without any feedback.

The xbmc.log says this:
Code:
23:20:53 M: 16728064  NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
23:20:53 M: 16728064  NOTICE:
23:20:57 M: 23556096 WARNING: CUtil::GetMatchingSource... no matching source found for [?]
23:20:57 M: 23556096   ERROR: CVirtualDirectory::GetDirectory(?) matches no valid source, getting root source list instead
23:20:57 M: 23556096   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(?) failed
23:20:57 M: 19283968  NOTICE: Exception (init): exceptions.KeyError
23:20:57 M: 19283968  NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
23:20:57 M: 19283968  NOTICE:   File "Q:\scripts\YouTube\default.py", line 66, in onInit
23:20:57 M: 19283968  NOTICE:     history = self.get_search_history()
23:20:57 M: 19283968  NOTICE:   File "Q:\scripts\YouTube\default.py", line 169, in get_search_history
23:20:57 M: 19283968  NOTICE:     history_list = pickle.load(f)
23:20:57 M: 19283968  NOTICE:   File "Q:\system\python\python24.zlib\pickle.py", line 1390, in load
23:20:57 M: 19283968  NOTICE:   File "Q:\system\python\python24.zlib\pickle.py", line 872, in load
23:20:57 M: 19283968  NOTICE: KeyError: '\n'
23:20:58 M: 14606336  NOTICE:
23:20:58 M: 14606336  NOTICE:
23:20:58 M: 14606336   ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block Q:\scripts\YouTube

Any ideas, anyone?
It looks like this script now works in the newest version of the svn on linux. It wasnt working (for me, at least) with the Atlantis release.
After trying it out some more though, in linux at least all the videos have a video lag. The audio is pretty far out of sync.
timdog82001 Wrote:After trying it out some more though, in linux at least all the videos have a video lag. The audio is pretty far out of sync.

I haven't had any problems with video lag on linux. With flash there is maybe 100-200ms, but with h.264 it is perfect. I'm using the 8.10_Atlantis-linux-osx-win32 branch from svn (16209), so there may have been some related fixes since the original release.
dobbley Wrote:I haven't had any problems with video lag on linux. With flash there is maybe 100-200ms, but with h.264 it is perfect. I'm using the 8.10_Atlantis-linux-osx-win32 branch from svn (16209), so there may have been some related fixes since the original release.

I'm using even newer than that (built it myself from svn). I think i'm viewing it as flash, though. Most videos have a lag of at least 200ms at the start, and it seems to increase as the video continues
has anyone enhanced this script to allow to see the youtube uses's playlists in addition to the current supported list of users' videos and favorites?
It should be quite easy to add, I will add when I get back home in a few weeks time if anyone else hasn't done this yet

also if anyone is interested in help maintain and update this tool i can put the source in the repository, add users to it - just contact me

EDIT: er actually, its a two step process - first playlists for a user will have to be shown, then you would have to pick the playlist to see videos under that playlist. to show playlists in the list a seperate view may be needed, not sure. but anyway, i will make effort to add this in the feature due to the request.

TeqShri Wrote:has anyone enhanced this script to allow to see the youtube uses's playlists in addition to the current supported list of users' videos and favorites?
thanks Borick. That will be hugely helpful. I'll volunteer to help this maintain. But let me first come up to speed on python Smile
has anyone else had problems with the thumbnails and file names overlapping the edge of the readable area? It looked like this on linux and windows for me. I tried figuring out how to fix it but I couldn't find it.

EDIT: Actually, I just noticed that I think everything's shifted up and to the left, including the options on the left.
I was wondering why I don't see any text in Youtube3. I can see some video's and they playback allright, but I'm not able to see text.
Everything is in white. I've downloaded youtube3.2 from the first page of this thread.
I'm using the last version of XBMC on my Xbox.
Volucris, did you ever find an answer to the issue you were having?

YouTube3.2 was working perfectly for me before I upgraded the hard drive in my xbox. After a clean install of XBMC (12-07 svn build from T3CH, including YouTube3.2) the script refuses to work. I get the exact error that Volucris posted on Page 5. It seems to error on the location of the directory and then default.py reports several errors.

I've tried reinstalling YouTube3.2 a few times and the same error is reported each time. All other scripts work just fine.

I haven't tried swapping back to the original hard drive, but if that's the only solution I can find, then I can try seeing if that will again work correctly, which would isolate it to an issue on this install of UnleashX and XBMC.

Thanks for your help guys.
any updates? wide screen, High quality vids, hd vids support, etc?
Till All Are One!!!!!
Do you still experience this problem with the latest version?

dlarge Wrote:I was wondering why I don't see any text in Youtube3. I can see some video's and they playback allright, but I'm not able to see text.
Everything is in white. I've downloaded youtube3.2 from the first page of this thread.
I'm using the last version of XBMC on my Xbox.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script4