Music's Artwork
Hi there,

I'm not sure if this has already been posted or not..I've tried searching for it, but dind't get any results..

Ok, so I'm having a problem with my music library on OSXBMC.
When I let the program scan/load my library, every song gets the same artwork...
It's incredibly annoying and I really have no idea how to fix it.
I normally use iTunes and all my songs have proper artwork there..

so, any help?

thx

melago
XBMC saves artwork based on album/artist.

I presume you have all your files in one folder. If it can't read the tags (for whatever reason), it may be inheriting the folder's thumbnail, which may have been set from the first song that tags were read from.

Check your files are tagged correctly.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yeah, checked it..everything's perfectly tagged...
Problem still persists, even after rescanning a few times..
Then provide us with something that we can test with.

i.e. reproduce with a small set of files.

Tell us exactly how you reproduced it - i.e. filesystem layout, files that were used (type, and what tags they have in them), how you scanned etc. etc.

If there's bugs to be squashed then having everything setup so we can reproduce it makes things easy Smile

Cheers
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

If I recall correctly the libid3tag was updated after the latest release (which fixed the id3 coverart problem).
You can update this file, I have no idea were it should be on osx though.

I think you can right click the icon and go to appfolder or something like that, the file should be in appfolder/system/ or appfolder/BUILD/system or something like that.
Note that there should be a file there you overwrite (so you know if your in the right directory)

/Topfs2
If you have problems please read this before posting

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
ok,

first of all, Topfs2, I updated the file, found the directory and everything, but the problem's still there....Thanks for your help thoug..

now, for some info..
I use iTunes as my main music player, so all of the artwork is coming from there or any other apps that automatically put it there...

So, this means that my 'Music' map consists of all my mp3's, an iTunes map which has some artwork in it, and the rest of the artwork is saved with the mp3's itself in the form of, for example: "AlbumArt_{0A0E645A-EC0A-43B1-A291-E95CDA237103}_Large"

So, when I try loading it in xbmc, i get this:

and I'm telling ya, I'm getting really sick of having to see Mr. E's face all the time...

and oh yeah, I tried searching for that one piece of artwork that caused all this, but I couldn't find anything abnormal about it...

and also, I guess the 01/02/... are the tracknumbers...I really don't need to see those, any option to remove 'em from my screen?

really appreciate you help on this one, dudes
Sorry mate I said the wrong file Smile

I meant the imagelib so this one

/Topfs2
If you have problems please read this before posting

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Woot, it worked...

Thanks Topfs2, you're my hero...

It now puts the Eels artwork on every file he can't find the artwork of, but I'm already happy..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music's Artwork0