Replacement IR Reciever
Hi,

Firstly, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou to everyone involved with, and who has contributed to XBMC and its ports. Its a fantastic product but you all know that!

I recently upgraded the RAM in my mac mini and some how managed to break the intergrated IR reciever in the proccess, think I sliced the end off overly vigourous use of the a scraper! Since then I have been using a windows MCE reciever with Remote Buddy as a driver. Now in order for 0.5.0b2 to work properly I have to uninstall remote buddy which is cool as I don't really want a third part app anyway, however this obviously leaves with no remote.

Does anybody know of any IR reciever that will allow me to use a universal remote or apple remote? I know that there are some Griffin Products out there but won't they only pair with the remote supplied with them? Any suggestions to get arround having to hand my wife a wireless keyboard gratefully recieved!
You can still use Remote Buddy with 0.5.0b2, and they work quite well together.

But you need to create an XBMC behavior for Remote Buddy to work properly. There was one included in the last RB update, but I found it lacked all 12 actions.
I don't have any problems with running RB with the latest release its just I can't enable Apple Remote so that it replaces Front Row with XBMC if I try to it asks tells me to uninstall RB. I want to be able to use the Apple Remote or universal remote natively but I can't find any other product that will run purely as a replacement IR receiver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacement IR Reciever0